Sad Pro-Cars

Here's one that will make us fans of the carved-panel hearses CRINGE!

p1080750.jpg

In my opinion, the saddest photo in the thread :(

So the background on this hearse is that it was sold at auction last Wednesday. I guess it had been sitting out behind the Imperial War Museum in Duxford, Cambridgeshire, England waiting to be restored. I had said to a few friends, both RR fans and hearse fans, that someone would buy it for the Rolls Royce chassis and scrap the body. Nailed that one, huh?

This is why we see so few vintage Rolls Royce hearses. The "hearse" is worthless, but the "Rolls Royce" fetches a premium.

Auction for RR hearse:
http://www.classic-auctions.com/Auctions/16-10-2013-ImperialWarMuseumDuxford-1344/1933Rolls-Royce2025Hearse-36467.aspx

Auction for hearse body:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolls-Royce-aluminium-hearse-body-/251361810166?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a8654d6f6

Attachments

• 1933 Mascot Motors Rolls Royce 20-25 hearse 1.jpg
    1933 Mascot Motors Rolls Royce 20-25 hearse 1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,158
Speaking of rotting ambulances (referring to the Jail Busters cars), I've been meaning to post this for years. This '75/'76 Miller Meteor belongs to Bug Busters not far from my house. It's been sitting in the same spot for at least ten years that I can remember. The window decals keep you from seeing inside and the condition of the interior, but the exterior is completely rotten. One day I'll go get pictures of it for posterity, but I think this one is beyond savable unfortunately.

Attachments

• BugBusters Miller Meteor.jpg
    BugBusters Miller Meteor.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,085
Speaking of rotting ambulances (referring to the Jail Busters cars), I've been meaning to post this for years. This '75/'76 Miller Meteor belongs to Bug Busters not far from my house. It's been sitting in the same spot for at least ten years that I can remember. The window decals keep you from seeing inside and the condition of the interior, but the exterior is completely rotten. One day I'll go get pictures of it for posterity, but I think this one is beyond savable unfortunately.

I know that cars history. It was formerly Ken Elliott's, I sold it too the late Greg Talisman (former PCS member) and it went through a succession of owners passing through Ocala and Jacksonville Fl. It originally came from Maryland and I think it was Junior Fire Co? I will try and dig in the digital archives later.

Cary, If this is the same '75 M/M Lifeliner that I owned, then yes it was from Junior Fire Co. out of Frederick, Md., Carl Woerner picked the car up for me in Md. and delivered it to Florida on his way to his parents house over in Hudson, Fl. Last pictures that I saw of that car it was pretty ragged out, but when I used it at the Daytona Speedway it was tho most comfortable riding of all the pro cars I owned.

Will have to look at this one closer during 2014 spring...

attachment.php

Yes please look into this car and see what you can find out. It will take some money but this car is defiantly worth saving as its a rare car. Very neat car!

Please once you do find out about it post it here I am interested in learning more

thanks!

My sad 57 M-M Futura

This is my 57 M-M. I think I posted pix of it a few years ago, when I first got it. Right now it is stored inside until I can get to it (probably in about 5 years ) :(
DSCF2763_zps563ea1d2.jpg

DSCF2780_zps4c72b435.jpg

DSCF2781_zps0b75e30b.jpg

DSCF2782_zps64dd66ac.jpg

DSCF2794_zps5c46c8a9.jpg

DSCF0175_zps3be2e4c0.jpg

that and the man know how to do his best to keep them. you compare this yard with a few of the pictures others have been post and it's night and day.

Actually I called the guy he also have few other pro cars in his yard and it's a part of the province very "sandy", no mud. He was interested to restore the C/B but too much projects and as he said, quite unique, not to be crushed. I plan to get there in the spring and get some pictures and/or parts, if any interesting found

that and the man know how to do his best to keep them. you compare this yard with a few of the pictures others have been post and it's night and day.

:thumbsup: great observation!

How he had the cars stored was the first thing I noticed. The cars do much better parked like that which then makes it easier to get the tires aired up and other things checked before lowering them and moving them.

You also don't experience as much if any frame rot or other issues like snakes rodents and other creatures.

I shot this '73 Superior Cadillac just north or south of Minneapolis back in the '70's.

Attachments

• wrecked 73 Superior001.jpg
    wrecked 73 Superior001.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 860
  • wrecked 73 Superior002.jpg
    wrecked 73 Superior002.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 859
  • wrecked 73 Superior003.jpg
    wrecked 73 Superior003.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 871
Just got this one sent to me on Facebook. A '71 (?) M-M Volunteer from Oxon Hill, MD. I don't know if this is a recent photo or not, but either way, the open doors and open hood aren't helping it.

Attachments

• 71MMCadVolOxonHillMD.jpg
    71MMCadVolOxonHillMD.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 652
Just got this one sent to me on Facebook. A '71 (?) M-M Volunteer from Oxon Hill, MD. I don't know if this is a recent photo or not, but either way, the open doors and open hood aren't helping it.
And...just got confirmation that this is a recent photo and it's still in the junkyard in VA. Anyone?

Back