Sad Pro-Cars

'72. It is illegal to take and post pics of anything on that property do to an obscure VA law combined with the comprehensive insurance waiver that required signing to enter. Said insurance company has rigorously pursued photographers in the past, receiving a $160k judgement against one.

Randy Higgins has now also opened himself up a lawsuit.

2007 Cadillac ? Landau

from my friends at Insurance auto auctions:

This procession did not end well..........

Attachments

• 2007 Hearse.jpg
    2007 Hearse.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 949
  • Hearse 2.jpg
    Hearse 2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 896
  • Hearse 3.jpg
    Hearse 3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 887
'47 Superior Pontiac

This '47 Superior Pontiac originally did service in Capac Michigan and ultimately ended up in Lapeer MI, where I photographed it. Story goes that it was once inside a barn on this property near downtown Lapeer. A Best Western motel was being built on the site so the car was dragged out of the barn so building could commence. Kids got at the car with stones and bullets. It went through several hands, almost including my own (yes that's me in the picture, around 1985). The straight-8 engine had only 11,000 miles on it. Last I knew, it was sold on ebay and was headed toward apparent restoration, so keep your eyes open for it.

Attachments

• 47_Sup_Pontiac_01.jpg
    47_Sup_Pontiac_01.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 955
  • 47_Sup_Pontiac_02.jpg
    47_Sup_Pontiac_02.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 917
  • 47_Sup_Pontiac_03.jpg
    47_Sup_Pontiac_03.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 835
unknown year

Here is a unknown year Eureka Buick , sorry for such large jpg's

Attachments

• DSCN4899.jpg
    DSCN4899.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 769
  • DSCN4900.jpg
    DSCN4900.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 766
  • DSCN4901.jpg
    DSCN4901.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 762
Last edited:
'62 M-M Futura 3-Way

Spotted this one just east of Wichita, KS this morning along Hwy 400. Not much left of the original interior, but the original 3-way floor was still there.

Attachments

• 1962 M-M 3-Way 1.jpg
    1962 M-M 3-Way 1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 704
  • 1962 M-M 3-Way 2.jpg
    1962 M-M 3-Way 2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 672
'37 S&S Buick(?) in Junction City, KS

Pretty much toast. They tell me that it is a '37 S&S Buick. Can anyone tell me otherwise?

Attachments

• '37 S&S Buick.jpg
    '37 S&S Buick.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 460
about what you can expect for a 30s car in any yard. seen worse redone. John and Patty's looked about like that when they took it home

probably not it may have just been a side loader with no rear door. they were fairly common then. but from the picture who can tell.

2 Finds in Eastern PA from before I found my 58 MM.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

'60 S&S Park Row 3-Way

Really unusual and sad car! As you can see in the photo, this one will be processed in the next 2 weeks.

Darren Bedford: If there is anything that you may need off of this thing, let me know ASAP. I purchased the 3 remaining C.C. rims and the '59 Cad wheel cover on it. Back door still has the glass in it.

Attachments

• IMG_20150121_151152_208.jpg
    IMG_20150121_151152_208.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 848
Kurt

I have a 60 S/S Victoria 3way Landau and a 60 MM Futura.

Since they are going to crush it with it in there, I would like to buy the back window if it will fit either of my cars.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Darren

Darren,
That back window will only fit your '60 S&S. The glass does have a lot of rust staining on the outside and I don't know if you have had any luck in cleaning old glass. PM me if still interested. I am stopping back there next week to pick up the 2 C.C. rims that were still mounted on the rear.

look behind the rear seat and if the rubber backed jut floor cover in any good lift it out the back wall in that superior should be covered with it also. you may need that for your ambulance at least and it's not for sale anywhere. same as the trim that goes around the flooring in back. the flooring will clean up nicely and the molding buff back easily. the rust will clean off that glass will a little rubbing compound to.

Yes, I have used "Glass Wax" or just rubbing compound and OOOO steel wool with some success on stained glass. There is NO floor remaining in this thing, other than the raised floor in the rear. I think the seat is only supported by the drive shaft! Rear is packed full of scrap iron. Some molding bits and pieces worth saving, but I don't own one and I am not going to spend my money to save trim that I will never need. This yard doesn't give anything away! It is at Netland's Auto Salvage in Ft. Dodge, IA, if anyone is up for a short-notice road trip!

what is sad about this I kind of like the butterscotch paint. nice they covered things over to help preserve the body till someone that wants to can make the repairs and bring this Eureka back to top knotch

Back