Ohio meet @ Mansfield Reformatory!

The tour of the historic Bissman Building will he saturday, May 31st at 3pm (day before our Sunday show). We'll probably all head out from there for dinner together somewhere in Mansfield, just like last year.
The Bissman Building tour is $10 per person.

No need for advanced notice on a head count for the tour, whoever wants to show up I have it arranged for us to have our own private tour and guide.

Here's a link to the website for the historic Bissman Building:
http://bobbissman.wix.com/hauntedbissman

9022956549_c52cd94559_c.jpg

The structure was built in 1886 where Peter Bissman's expanded wholesale grocery still stands today, but not in operation. In the early 1930s the twenty smokestacks on the north and south sides of the Bissman's filled the early morning air with the rich aroma of coffee, as its own brands Red Ban Java Blend, Steel Cut and Acme were prepared fresh each day. Downtown residents would wake to the scent of roasting coffee beans and return home at workday's end to the fragrance of roasting peanuts.

The building has an early Romantic Gothic styling and shares a haunting similarity with the Historic Ohio State Reformatory since they were both built in the same year by the same architect.

The Haunted Bissman Building aired on the SyFy Channel during a Ghost Hunter's episode in 2010!

The Haunted Bissman Building was featured in the movie " The Shawshank Redemption". It was the Brewer Hotel where Brooks, actor James Whitmore, went to stay and hung himself soon after being paroled from The Shawshank Prison. The building was also utilized in the film as the front office of the building of the Portland Daily Bugle.
The Haunted Bissman Building, nicknamed as Dead Souls Studio, has a long history of haunted activities and has hosted ghost hunters from all directions.

Getting excited for this coming weekend. Got my rebuilt brake booster and master cylinder on and car was inspected Saturday, and is all ready to go. Just curious as to who all is planning to attend? :D

The '64 SHOULD be out of the shop next Wednesday, after having the carburetor rebuilt and a general "going over". If all goes as planned it will be in Mansfield with us, either way Barb and I intend to be there.

Well, I was hoping to come, but I was scheduled to work the day before on a 24 hour shift, which would have me getting off shift at 7:00am the day of the meet, with not enough time to drive to Ohio. I couldn't take leave because we are only allowed to have 5 people scheduled off shift at a time, and there were already 5 other people taking leave.

That is, until tonight, when one guy cancelled his leave after 7:00pm. So now I will be off work at 7pm, drive part way, sleep, and I should be able to be there by 11:00am on June 1st.

So I'm coming. No pro-car, just driving my fuel-efficient VW. And I will finally get to see the "Shawshank" prison!

See you all Sunday! :D

Steve

I won't be there this year but it sure is a fantastic place to see.
The history, the movies, the decay... all incredible. :thumbsup:

Plus a gang of PCS people ! ...and procars ! WOW !

It's worth the drive to Ohio !

Drive safe,
Darren

Our tour of the Bissman Building is Saturday @ 3pm, please try to be a little early and park in the paved lot across the street.
Address: 193 N Main St, Mansfield, OH 44902

Sunday show is @ the Ohio State Reformatory, try to be at the gate at 9am so we can stage our cars. The gates will be closed to the public until 11am. Commitments have been pouring in with plans to attend, including many potential members with professional cars! Some are modified, some are not and I ask we make everyone feel welcome please.
Address: 100 Reformatory Rd, Mansfield, OH 44905

The show is fast approaching and all you need to bring is a cooler with your favorite beverages, some munchies to snack on, chairs and maybe some EZ-Up tents for shade. Food concessions are on-site also.

Let's all hope for NICE weather again this year! See you there!

Dwayne I can't make it either this year.. the only show I'm doing this year in the U,S. is the Frankenmoth Fire Muster in July (putting all my $ in to the Horton this year)

sorry

Mike

The '64 SHOULD be out of the shop next Wednesday, after having the carburetor rebuilt and a general "going over". If all goes as planned it will be in Mansfield with us, either way Barb and I intend to be there.

Just returned from Norwalk, and the news isn't good at all!! Notice in the above that the word SHOULD is in capital letters. Well, nothing has gone as planned. The carburetor was removed, sent out be rebuilt, and returned. During the reinstallation process the plastic spacer under the carb broke. That was Tuesday. A quick call to Paul, and a replacement was located in Chicago, and drop-shipped to Tom in Norwalk. When he opened the package, it's all perfect EXCEPT for one large detail......no vacuum port to feed the brake system. Quick call to Paul, 1 year part only, direct replacement no longer available. So now we are trying to come up with a good, workable solution, not having a helluva lot of luck thusfar!!!! The brainstorming will continue.

As a result, none of us will be in Mansfield tomorrow. The car won't run and we just don't have the desire to go without it!!! Enjoy yourselves, next year for sure!!!

And the Hard Luck Award Went to..............ME!

A great two days, thanks to Dwayne and the lovely Heather, please keep my coach nice. Took the 73 Fat Girl, drove like a dream down and coming back. As I was getting to the end of the Route 30 expressway I noticed she was running a little rough. I pulled into Speedway at Trump Road and 30 in East Canton (about 12 miles from home) put some gas in and the car was as dead as a door nail. Had to be towed home the last 12. I will keep you posted.

I hope someone will post some photos from this weekend. I was not able to attend because on Friday I took my 2 grandsons, Mark & Kurt (some may remember Mark from the Hudson PCS Meet) to Cedar Point Amusement Park. With Motor Muster in Dearborn MI coming up, and Cadillac LaSalle in Lake George, and PCS Rochester, something just had to give or the bank would be broken. So sorry, hope you all had a terrific time!

Back