154.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 255
  • 164.jpg
    164.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 157.jpg
    157.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 268
...The staff were all super, and very happy to have us--like someone else said, they want to make it a yearly thing. ...
That would be great if it were an annual meet. I would love to come - I really wanted to this year but I had a prior commitment elsewhere. Looks like you all had a great time.

Photo caption: "Salvation lies within."

attachment.php

About the safe: Not sure exactly what the tour guide said about how it was "removed" some years ago, but, a safe collector in town had it and gave it back to the Reformatory a little while ago. She said it weighs 300lbs, and was carried from the rear of the prison up three floors to get it back in the wall.

Another shot:

Attachments

• 085.jpg
    085.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 247
OUTSTANDING gathering of PCS members, incredible ProCars and one incredible historical building !

I have to say it was a tour to remember. Seeing the reformatory on the outside and the inside is something everyone should make sure they do in their lifetime.

Dwayne and Caprice worked hard to make it happen and all day long as well during this super cool Ohio Chapter (hopefully annual) meet ! Thanks for every minute of your time and all the effort you put in to making it a reality for us all.

I didn't get to leave as early as I planned as Digger had 6 funerals that day and had to get those done before she could leave. Her grandmother passed away on Friday so that was a sudden thing she didn't expect either.
That almost had her staying home but she decided she needed to get away and didn't want to miss seeing her PCS friends.

Since she had to say back and work I ended up taking a job working for the Toronto Blue Jays as it was for a couple hours and I would have been done before Digger finished anyways so it worked out very well in the end.

I did pass up 3 previous jobs to make sure I was there to tour the old prison.
It sure was a great meet and worth the time to drive down and back. 1400 kms. It took 8 hours each way plus stopping time for gas and food. about 9 each way with stops.

I wasn't able to bring a procar as I had to bring home 10 casket crates and a few caskets plus a vintage Schwinn stick shift 3 speed high handle bar banana seat bike Dwayne traded for a NOS 9 year old Raleigh Chopper re-issued bike from the same time period.

I was thrilled to get the goods I did and would like to thanks both Danny and Dwayne for there help in getting these sweet collectibles. THANKS GUYS !

I can't imagine what it would have been like to have spent a day-week-month-year or years in that reformatory when it was a working prison. It must have been a living hell. Those small steel rooms and not much going on everyday would have been a nightmare for sure.

I would have loved to have been there for the Olive Garden on Saturday night but sometimes life gets in the way of having fun. So glad I was a part of this fantastic meet.

Thanks to all my friends who I got to see again for coming out and look forward to seeing you again in WI or sometime in the near future.
Without the attendees, there is no meet ! Thanks to each and everyone for being there.

I will post some photos soon. I have to leave now for Digger's grandmothers viewing tonight. The funeral is tomorrow.

Peace Love and Procars,
Darren

well what can I say about the weekend ??? fantastic, incredible, super, fun.
I put on 1,700 km and she ran perfect all weekend, and it took 10 hours to get home.

we had such a good time and this place was ....... incredible she was like an ex wife or girlfriend ...beautiful on the outside but scary as hell on the inside !!!

It was great to meet all of people that I read about on here

here are a few pictures

the pictures speak for themselfs....

I want to thank Dwayne for everything he did to put this weekend on :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

and I want to thank Danny for the "stuff" he brought me and for Dwayne for being my " Shipper" I used his home as a depot for all the stuff I ordered online ....thanks again

Attachments

• Copy of Mansfield 2013 104.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 104.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 205
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 120.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 120.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 125.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 125.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 208
more pictures.............

Attachments

• Copy of Mansfield 2013 110.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 110.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 130.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 130.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 142.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 142.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 143.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 143.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 212
even more pictures.........

Attachments

• Copy of Mansfield 2013 101.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 101.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 137.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 137.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 151.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 151.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 201
Thanks all for sharing photos.
...I can't imagine what it would have been like to have spent a day-week-month-year or years in that reformatory when it was a working prison. It must have been a living hell. Those small steel rooms and not much going on everyday would have been a nightmare for sure...
Hey, it's prison, not the Hilton. It ought to not be fun. Like the old TV show theme song used to say, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." (From "Beretta", a cop show in the '70s.)

It was great to finally meet eveyone

Dwayne "the shipper" Brooks
Tom "I really do know the way to the Olive Gardens" Hoczyk
Jerry "I can turn LEFT on a red light" Jocobson
Darren "shock me" Bedford
Digger "having to put up with Darren"
Russell Street
Mike Stevens
Shawn "I wish my car wasn't Black" Blyler
Ron " where in the hell is the map" Davies
Danny "have a got a deal for you" Ryder
Sarah Snook
Chuck Snyder
Wayne and Eileen Shoenecker

and I know I'm forgetting someone ????? 1959 White Superior ????

I should know his name...he drank all my beer !!

and not least our host Rebecca she was very very cool

Attachments

• Copy of Mansfield 2013 173.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 173.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 182.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 182.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 179.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 179.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 189
Steve wrote:

Like the old TV show theme song used to say, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." (From "Beretta", a cop show in the '70s.)

I use to watch Robert Blake as Beretta all the time ! Loved it and his parrot !

I wonder if he is still doing time himself ! Doh !

Darren

Attachments

• robert blake baretta.jpg
    robert blake baretta.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 176
a HUGE thank you to everyone that attended the Reformatory meet!

YES YES next year i'll somehow bring the grills and cook for everyone, that seemed to be the big suggestion for next year. I do miss doing the spring cookout, but think i'll combine it into this meet. It would be a big plus to do our own picnic meal for everyone, I like cooking for all of you.

This is looking like it'll be an annual event... the Reformatory staff absolutely loved having us there and are wanting to plan a date for next year. Rebecca was so pleased she couldn't wait to review the show with the rest of the Reformatory management.

:applause:She has also offered the Reformatory & grounds for an International meet :applause:

I appreciate all the kind words everyone, but YOU all are the ones who planned, drove hundreds of miles, and spent your weekend making the show a success so THANK YOU!

International Meet Hmmmmmmm??????????

Ya know,if we just had some mattresses, we could use the prison as our host hotel. I have been to some meets where my room was more like a cell.

On saturday a few of us visited the Wappner Funeral Home. Bill Wappner showed us their 1890's Horse Drawn Hearse and give us a tour of the place, then on Sunday Tom Wappner ( Bill's Brother) showed up with his 1938 Eureka Cadillac Carved Hearse.
Tom was telling me that their Great Uncle ( ? ) was the prison's Chaplin back in the 40's and 50's and that the Wappner Funeral home came to the Reformatory often picking up inmates

Attachments

• Copy of Mansfield 2013 009.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 009.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 011.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 011.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 017.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 017.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Copy of Mansfield 2013 156.jpg
    Copy of Mansfield 2013 156.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Who wants to do the "Ghost Hunt" next year ?? for $70.00 you go into the Reformatory at 8pm until 5am and walk around with all the lights shut off and with only your flashlight to guide you, your have the run of the place and can go ANYWHERE you like ....sounds pretty cool to me !

Back