M is for Monday M is for Moving Day

Ronks towing to the rescue again. I love those guys and i never even met them. Thanks Dwayne.

Yeppers Rocky, one call was all it took. Ron laughed because I had Ronks towing on speed-dial! When we saw it wasn't going to fit on the trailer Ron asked what Ronks would charge... so I guessed & told him a price. Called them up, told them what needed hauled (their receptionist said "oh geez, another one Dwayne?!?") and quoted Ron EXACTLY what I guessed. Who else would tow something of this girth over 100 miles for $200 (and still have to drive all the way back to Crestline) with respect & professionalism? No one.

Ron, congrats on the '64 it is stunning to say the least. This whole experience was a blast. Yeah the coach needed a little coaxing to roar to life, but it did us all proud. Jim & his wife welcomed Todd & I into their home while we waited on Ron & the gang to arrive... and that alone was worth the trip. Those of you who haven't met them yet are in for a treat! Thank you for your hospitality Jim.

Now since Jim said he'd like to get a smaller, newer coach again someday i'll help to persuade him with a visit (and a ride) from the S&S Victoria very soon. Jim, anytime you want to hit a weekend show you're MORE than welcome to ride in the S&S... you can even drive it because I have other toys to drive to shows. Will this due until you can find one of your own?
4237221258_10d8a405e1_o.jpg

Ron, forgot to answer your q's: My understanding is that Roberts bought the car new and ran it as both hearse and ambulance ( sans suction cups ) until I bought it in '99. It was their only car those 35 years. Whether it was the only such car in Logan, I am not sure. Don't know if there were other f.h.'s or ambl. services in the town during those years. They replaced the car with a '90's Superior something-or-other and kept the Federal beacon for that car. They did, however give me the 2 y pipes and enuf tires to fill the rear compartment, but I sold off the tires over the years. I do now recall also that the replacement car was longer, so that their garage door wouldn't close, but came down on the front bumper. We drove the car on-and-off from the Summer of '99 until May of '05, and put 3,000+ miles on her.

Dwayne, many thanks for all yer assistance. I appreciate your offer of the loan of the coach. I need to approach this whole subject of possibly getting another coach very slowly and deliberately. Am still trying to recover from y'day's adventure.

Todd, thanks for the Cecille B. DeMille work. You get an Oscar in my book.

Whew, what a day. Have to get ready for Piqua now. Will see many of yew down there.

Dwayne, with all the business you send to Ronk's you ought to be getting a fruit basket from them at Christmas or something. I sent some pics off to Mike Stevens this morning, I can't believe he has not weighed in yet this morning. Mike was the one that tipped me off on this, so he deserves a load of thanks as well.

................. I sent some pics off to Mike Stevens this morning, I can't believe he has not weighed in yet this morning. Mike was the one that tipped me off on this, so he deserves a load of thanks as well.

Mike is enjoying his time sitting outside a Jimmy Buffet concert. He is moonlighting as a limo driver. I'll bet that he'll be sleeping in late this morning... :sleep:

Steve, I meant to ask if you had your movement. Do you have a "tease" for us? As I point out in the picture and was informed by Jim Tighe, these were factory mounted suction cups. I did not get good news from the mechanic today. He is bringing in his uncle but it is looking like I may be looking at a rebuild on the engine. Still going to eliminate a couple other things before jumping to that but the noise seems to be located at the front of the engine

Good grief, Ron, I hope that is not the case. Should we not have tried to start it yesterday?? Obviously I hope it does not need major engine work. Keep us posted. BTW, tis still raining over here..............

suction cups for everyone

I watched the videos and looked at the pictures in the wee hours of the morning when I got in. The coach looks great and Ron could not possibly have any bigger smile.
I for one will be looking for the M-M mark on those suction cups.
Mike

Good grief, Ron, I hope that is not the case. Should we not have tried to start it yesterday?? Obviously I hope it does not need major engine work. Keep us posted. BTW, tis still raining over here..............

I am hoping it is one of the small things that it could possibly be like a bearing in the water pump or something really simple. Let us hope it is not severe BUT I have decided whatever it takes! This car is too gorgeous to give up on.

Awesome looking car, Ron! I hope there is nothing serious wrong with the motor, hopefully its an easy fix. Good luck with her, can't wait to see it in person!

It didn't sound that bad to me. The way it was running I'd bet you wouldn't have to go much past the heads. Maybe a stuck lifter or something. Unless it got worse after I left.

start with the obvious

Looking for the noise and isolating it can be a pain. The good thing is that your mechanic probably knows all the tricks. From the video I thought lifters at first. I have lost count of how many time I have watched the video now. Even Shelley said WOW when she watched it.
Like many others I want to see this coach up close and personal.
Mike

:specool:

My car had a similar tap when I first bought it, turned out it was a bad rocker arm. We replaced it and it was nice and quiet after that.

so now that you got it home do you thing it's worth asking Dwayne if the roll back would like to make a trip to SD. he is half way in between drop over her run to the north east and come back then go home.

Back