Introducing Armbruster Stageway hearses

I understand that the bier pin has been moved off of the floor.
(A skeleton walks into a bar. Bartender says, "what for you?" and the skeleton says, I'll have a beer and a mop please..." A neutron walks into a bar. Bartender says, "what for you?" and the neutron says, "I'll have a beer - but how much will it be?" and the bartender says... "for you... no charge...")

Maybe someone from the Milwaukee commitee can make a phone call and see if they can bring the proto type to Milwaukee in Aug for all of us to see ???

Bennett's designs look good, the first PROPER limousine styling I've seen in a long time (i.e. no unnecessary interruptions in the side windows, wide shields, scoreboards, etc.). The MKT is just an ugly vehicle to begin with, especially from the rear. The limousine style XTS looks better than the landau, imo. The rear loading door looks to be awfully low, however. If I remember correctly, Bennett's earlier cars were modified Eagles? Those are nice photos of the A-S prototype. I noticed how small the third side window looks, and where are the drapes? The back loading door is very handsome and it looks like those corner windows are a way to connect the low w/s-side window lines to the tall rear window. I can imagine how much better it would look if the rest of the glass were on the scale of the loading door window. Kinda looks like the loading door is from the 1/18 scale kit while the rest of the car is 1/24 scale! I still say the A-S and Bennett prototypes are the best looking on the XTS yet.

This is the company that owns Southwest as Brady alluded to. It is former Federal employees hired for a resurrected Armbruster-Stageway name.

Both Crain Sales and Southwest Professional Vehicles have updated their websites. It appears they're exclusively promoting the Armbruster-Stageway coach and have dropped the Federal Coach brand.

I talked to RIchard at Crain's today. THey already have orders for about 120 hearses and the limo will be ready for viewing in a few weeks. I ask him about the Armbruster Name which he said Executive coach had the rights to but had abandoned in 1990. They have actually found alot of the employees of the original armbruster group and have a good group on the manufacturing side. I like the car and wish them well. I feel they have approached this from a different side and will make it work. They tried to go back to some of the things we like about the old cars like curved corner glass which he said was a bear to produce.

New Cincinnati Coach offering

Ironic that Atti mentions Carl in this thread. I have been snooping near there only to find...not old, but a new creation in it's infinite state. Everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

I was under the impression that another poster hinted that Carl Woerner was up to something as far as building new hearses too...perhaps I misread.

Probably is. Remember, most of the '60s and '70s pro-cars we collect are widened in the rear.

Well.... Steve, while you are right that theses cars did "bulge" toward the rear, it was something imposed on them by the chassis they were using. The rear tread of the Cadillac Commercial Chassis was, at one time, somewhat wider that that of the front tread. This Cadillac imposed specification forced the coachbuilders to gradually bloat their bodies toward the rear of the car - to accommodate this wider rear tread. Cadillac did this, presumably with the blessing of the major manufacturers, exclusively for the Commercal Chassis to give the coachbuilt bodies additional interior width and to accommodate wider rear loading doors. This ended with the last of the commercial chassis in 1984 - if not before. I would be extremely surprised (and impressed) if Armbruster-Stageway was actually widening the rear tread of these cars.

Back