Danny Ryder

Glad you're alright... now let's start taking care of yourself!

Hey Danny!

I realize that this is like "the pot calling the kettle black," but as we age, things start to break down!. Just look at me! 80 pounds in 8 years!!! I'm destined for an intensive care unit in the foreseeable future , if I don't do something soon!

My apologies for missing all the excitement with your hospitalization and tests, etc. Like Steve... I've been off the grid for a few dayz, trying to get everything ready for an upcoming vacation to Western Canada.

My unofficial diagnosis: It sounds as though you might be experiencing some "pent-up" anxiety with a dose of hypertension!

Stressing the heart and following up with echo cardiograms and subsequent catheterization is the "real deal" to check for heart disease or valvular problems. While none of it is any fun... at least they've ruled out a bunch of things!

It also sounds as though you are back in the thick of it now and that's a good thing! No one likes being in the hospital, in someone else's care and control.

I'm not a doctor, but I'm a Cardiologist by osmosis... and my best advice to you would be; to take Richard up on his offer and spend a week relaxing at the beach! YOU DESERVE IT!

Keep that b/p under control, try whatever you can to minimize the stress factors in your life and relax as much as you're able!

If you need anything, don't hesitate to call!

Get well my friend!:cool:

Rick

Get Well Soon

Danny,

Not been here in a long time....I hope you get well soon and are back doing all the things you like to do !

Dave

Brief update: Went to dr. yesterday and she read over hospital test and her thought is couple things are coming together to cause my problem. I have two heart valves that are leaky, she said this is not uncommon and ok as long as your blood pressure stays in control which I usually don't have problem with that. We decided that with the heat I have been hitting the moutain dews too much along with my other not so healthy habits we sometimes have and as Rick said too much stress from various areas so all this has been causing spikes in my Blood Pressure which upset the valves and cause my chest pains. We are working on something to keep me in check to varify this theory. Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts. I have had a nice week off from work, boss said come back when I felt like it.

Well gee whiz, Danny... If I'd have known taking that '76 Centennial off your hands would cause all this commotion, we'd have let you keep that one! :poster_oops:

Hope you are back to feeling like your 'ol self soon; best wishes from the Northlanders!

Have the valve job done... it isn't going to get better, and can only get worse.. I had my heart valve repaired about 4 years ago, and the surgery was not bad at all. I was down for a few weeks, but now, I am as good as ever. The only down side was waiting so long to have the repair, since the damage done prior to the repair cannot be reversed. You will feel a lot better after the surgery. Besides, if you wait too long, then Obamacare will say that you are too old and it is a waste of money.... :badbad:

I bet it turned out the Criterion was not as nice as expected and the stress of owning up to it with PCS members was too much.

I know your doing better and glad to hear.

Brief update: Went to dr. yesterday and she read over hospital test and her thought is couple things are coming together to cause my problem. I have two heart valves that are leaky, she said this is not uncommon and ok as long as your blood pressure stays in control which I usually don't have problem with that. We decided that with the heat I have been hitting the moutain dews too much along with my other not so healthy habits we sometimes have and as Rick said too much stress from various areas so all this has been causing spikes in my Blood Pressure which upset the valves and cause my chest pains. We are working on something to keep me in check to varify this theory. Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts. I have had a nice week off from work, boss said come back when I felt like it.

Glad to hear your problems have been found. I have been dealing with the same issues (chest pains, blood pressure etc.) for a couple years now and it can be a scary thing. They found out mine is related to my severe asthma stressing my heart out. You would be supprised how much just releiving stress can help. Since I have not been working since March, which was a stressfull job physical amd mental, I have noticed my bp has improved and I do not get the chest pains as often. Taks break and relax as much as possible your life is way more important than money. I have come to realize that in the last 6 months.

Back