Barrett Jackson - Scottsdale 2010

I am posting the information since if you are on a dial up network, your computer might not be able to download all the pictures on the opening page.

Lot Number: 1030

Auction: SCOTTSDALE 2010 Sale Price: Year: 1959 Make: CADILLAC Model: Style: CUSTOM GHOSTBUSTERS Exterior Color: WHITE Interior Color: BLACK Cylinders: V8 Engine Size: 350 Transmission: Summary: Sony authorized 1 of 3 original cars. Comes with a copy of the Universal title and bill of sale. Street legal, own a piece of car history. Details: This is one of the 3 original authorized Ghostbuster cars by Sony. This car comes with a copy of the original Universal Studio title and bill of sale. This is an autographed car. This car is street legal, the lights and sirens all work. This is your chance to own a piece of automobile history. This car draws a huge crowd where ever it goes. Remember there are only 3 in the world and this is 1 of them. What more can be said about this Ghostbusters car that you don't already know.

I might be mistaken but I think this is the car from Universal Florida. It was "surplussed" a few years ago and has changed hands a few times. The 350 V8 leads me to believe it was the car I brokered (with others) to Universal back in 1986 or 87. It hit eBay last year, dont know if a sale was completed or not, this is gonna be a fun one to watch.
egz9ee.jpg

Is that Dean's "Ghostbusters" ambulance for sale? I was watching a rerun of their show last year and a Batmobile replica only went for $150,000. I'm guessing this ambulance will fetch about $85,000.
I hope to gather a few Florida PCS members and we can make a trip to the auction held here in Palm Beach early April 2010.

Fellow PCS member Len Langlois winters in the Scottsdale area and always attends the auction. Will have to get him to check this car out.

Auction: SCOTTSDALE 2010 Sale Price: Year: 1959 Make: CADILLAC Model: Style: CUSTOM GHOSTBUSTERS Exterior Color: WHITE Interior Color: BLACK Cylinders: V8 Engine Size: 350 Transmission: Summary: Sony authorized 1 of 3 original cars. Comes with a copy of the Universal title and bill of sale. Street legal, own a piece of car history. Details: This is one of the 3 original authorized Ghostbuster cars by Sony. This car comes with a copy of the original Universal Studio title and bill of sale. This is an autographed car. This car is street legal, the lights and sirens all work. This is your chance to own a piece of automobile history. This car draws a huge crowd where ever it goes. Remember there are only 3 in the world and this is 1 of them. What more can be said about this Ghostbusters car that you don't already know.
Does it run? Is there rust? Hmmm......

I am not a big Ghostbuster fan, but

I have a friend here in NJ named Sal who made a Ghostbuster back in the mid Nineties. Everything he does is first class, including his Ghostbuster. His car was actually hired by a certain car customizer to represent the work he has done. That said, I believe Sal's Ghostbuster has been deemed one of the best. I have often thought that Sal's Ghostbuster would fetch $200 grand at B-J. So, not knowing the condition of Lot #1030, but I presume it to be very good, I am guessing somewhere in that $200K neighborhood. It should be interesting to watch.

I have a friend here in NJ named Sal who made a Ghostbuster back in the mid Nineties. Everything he does is first class, including his Ghostbuster. His car was actually hired by a certain car customizer to represent the work he has done. That said, I believe Sal's Ghostbuster has been deemed one of the best. I have often thought that Sal's Ghostbuster would fetch $200 grand at B-J. So, not knowing the condition of Lot #1030, but I presume it to be very good, I am guessing somewhere in that $200K neighborhood. It should be interesting to watch.
Your friend's car is likely better than the movie car. I'm sure there are a lot of shortcuts the studio did to save time and money. So if both cars were for sale side by side which would sell for more, the movie car are the better built one?

Your friend's car is likely better than the movie car. I'm sure there are a lot of shortcuts the studio did to save time and money. So if both cars were for sale side by side which would sell for more, the movie car are the better built one?

By rights, the better built car, but a B-J, I think the paper trail will help Lot #1030. My guess is still $200 grand.

Barrett-Jackson Auction/Ghostbusters

Tonight is the night the Ghostbusters Ambulance goes on the auction block with Barrett-Jackson. Look for lot# 1030. Looks like I got bumped. Paul sure is up early this morning and forgot there was a thread already on this. Thanks Paul for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Paul, you should just delete this post, I have repeated myself. Paul you should just delete this post, I have repeated myself. Paul you should... what was I going to say?

Ghostbusters.jpg

Somehow, I just can't get excited about this auction.. I do know that it will establish the true value of what they are actually worth, nor do I believe that it will bring close to the $235,000 figure that one owner of a clone believes that his is worth...

Do we know about what time the Ecto (actually M-M Futura Duplex) will cross the block? Because I will stop what I'm doing to watch!

I've been watching the auction every evening on SPEED channel. So far, a 1936 Wayne Chevrolet school bus drew $75,000 and a Crosley fire truck (custom creation) went for $100,000. If the GB moble truly has all documentation, it just might draw a pretty penny. There have been some great cars go through the auction, but without proper documentation, the price suffers.

I've been watching the auction every evening on SPEED channel. So far, a 1936 Wayne Chevrolet school bus drew $75,000 and a Crosley fire truck (custom creation) went for $100,000. If the GB moble truly has all documentation, it just might draw a pretty penny. There have been some great cars go through the auction, but without proper documentation, the price suffers.

I'm changing my fantasy bid to $165,000. :applause:

Crosley fire truck

One of the SPEED Announcers had predicted the CROSLEY FIRE TRUCK would go fo $15-K tops. You see them For Sale out in CA once in a while in the $8 to 10-K asking range...... then you usually see them again a few months later by the original seller.

Back