Barrett Jackson - Scottsdale 2010

nice to watch suckers being manuliplited buy experts. still think its people that have more money then braines try to out spend each other. just because they can.

:agree:

I once watched two guys with more money than brains fight over a blue 1970 Ford Torino with a SCJ engine. One bidder had the same car already in orange but also wanted a blue one. The other bidder had a blue 1970 Boss Mustang, and thought the Torino would be a nice match. All of the other bidders stopped around $50K, but these two fools just kept bidding. When the dust settled, the winner paid just over $100K, not including the buyer's premium. I noticed that almost immediately afterwards, the Torina prices doubled on eBay, regardless of their condition. :mad:

Back on topic though, since we could probably all spend hours explaining why we dislike B-J, so the GB Cadillac sold for $80K? What does that mean for the guy selling the quarter million dollar replica? For the $155,000 price difference, I would think you could make the real Ecto flawless, build a garage around it, and still have money left over for some gas!

:my2cents:

Barrett-Jackson has reached the top of the Classic auction market by it's exclusive attitude marketing. Sure there's multitudes of dummies who don't really care how much they pay for whatever.

I have watched every B-J Auction since Speed started televising them and my opinion is OVERALL vehicles sell for less than their worth.

We need to remember...B-J turns down thousands of possible vehicles because theres only so much time for x number of vehicles. Sellers take a gamble that the "aura" of B-J will raise their vehicles value.

I personally would NEVER place a vehicle I wanted to sell in a No Reserve auction...I'm a Gambler...Not a Fool.

Currently watching MECUM Auto Auctions taking place in Kissimmee, FL as I type. I find their cars are more resonably priced but not as clean. So, a 70 Cuda from B&J for $235,000 or MECUM for $23,000. I have to go with MECUM but then I'm not as particular as most. Looks good and drives well, ok with me.

PS: I have seen some MECUM cars break $100,000 though and they have a reserve. :applause:

Back