Whitewall vs Blackwall

yes I'm saving up for them. going to get them cut into a set of 700 x15 to match up with this new spar I have. last time I checked it was 80 bucks a tire to have the writing buffed and the white wall cut in.

Ed, DiamondBack does not use the cut in method. Thay vulcanize the white rubber to the tire. Also they use a butyl lining between the white and black rubber so the chemicals in the black do not leach into the white, which makes them look dingy, or yellow. I have had mine for 5 years now and they still look as white as the day I got them. I have cleaned them as recommended, simple green and a green scotch brite pad. They are the easiest tires I have ever cleaned.

I have cleaned them as recommended, simple green and a green scotch brite pad.

Thanks for that tip John! BTW do you know if Simple Green is more friendly with aluminum? Wesley's bleach white tarnishes my Torque-Thrust wheels when cleaning the Firestone white-letters, so I have to be careful with it when detailing my coach.

Thanks for that tip John! BTW do you know if Simple Green is more friendly with aluminum? Wesley's bleach white tarnishes my Torque-Thrust wheels when cleaning the Firestone white-letters, so I have to be careful with it when detailing my coach.

YES, simple green is very friendly with aluminum. I use it all the time on my rims, cuts right through road grime and brake dust. Spray it on rims, wipe with a rag or hand, hose off and dry. Works great on chrome and stainless too. TIP-It is alot cheaper to buy the big concentrated jug and dilute it yourself.

You should never use bleach white on your tires, the bleach in it will dry out your tires, many people here will agree, and it can permanitly damage amuminum rims (says so right on the bottle).

Back