'old hearse in a barn' game

the seats would be correct in the 52 national. they were the standard seat in the sedan delivery. not having a Pontiac flier handy I would bet the drivers seat was standard and you had to order the passengers one. Barnett, acme and economy used a bench from the car in there's. some with split back some with out.

The oldest coach is an interesting car. It would be easier to find out what it was if it was in my garage :) That being said.... I have found a picture of a 1921 "A. Geissell & Son" of Philadelphia hearse that looks like the same car with the same carvings. However, it also looks like the Cunningham!

Seat(s)

Atti, thanks for the great pics of the Pontiac National. The rear open door shot helped me to figure out something on my Chevy National that I was never quite sure of. Am now.

While the seats appear period correct, can they be original..?

they were the standard seat in the sedan delivery

Ed's right, they were standard in Chevrolet & National Sedan deliveries back in those years (and good ones are hard to find at this point).

A full bench seat, like in mine, could be ordered at the time of conversion for $50.

Attachments

• National Spc sheet.pdf
    468.1 KB · Views: 215
Back