New Find

That would be a neat car for sure. I do wonder if the 400 engine in the 79 was like the older ones from early 70's or is it what was later known as the 351M engine? I think these were somewhat better than the regular 400's. Maybe not?
Being a 79, it would be whats also known as the 351-Modified.

Josh

:agree: I'll admit I owned a 76 LTD with the 400, but I only gave $125 for it, we drove it home, and I sold it for $250 about a month later to someone who used it for a dimolition derby car. BTw, it was on its last leg by the time I sold it. I watched it run in the derby, and it made it half way through the first round before it gave out.

Josh

I heard you were rough on cars!

From what I understand, there weren't a whole lot of these made between 1978 and 1980. Tom McPherson was actively involved with AHA when these were made and he's told me a bit about them and his eperience working with AHA. He also has photos and other information on these Lincoln coaches. You should probably contact him as he most likely knows more about them than anyone else.

Very nice car Danny!!!!
I have always liked the look of these AHA Lincolns!!
Having only seen a few (only in pictures) they do stand out nicely
and I would guess that few were made. I think the first picture I
saw of one was about 12 years ago and THAT car was all stripped and
painted and ready for the derby!! (made me a bit sick!!) I am very glad that there are still nice ones like yours around!!

Dana Bennett
Forestville,NY

a cool car...........

I went to see this car for Danny and took about 2 dozen pictures for Danny to look at. The interior on this car is near mint. It is gold cloth and very attractive. There were actually 3 funeral homes in this little town, Elwood IN, about 40 miles north of Indianapolis. The funeral home that had this car bought it in about 1994 and it does have 37,000 original miles on it. Danny found a cool car with this one. I told the guys at the funeral home all about Danny and his car collection and they seemed facinated. When I told them that Danny was one of hundreds of us who collect similar cars they couldn't believe it!!!! I know they thought I was pulling their leg when I said Danny was a serious buyer and sure enough, after seeing the photos, Danny stepped up to the plate right away and bought the car.

I went to see this car for Danny and took about 2 dozen pictures for Danny to look at. The interior on this car is near mint. It is gold cloth and very attractive. There were actually 3 funeral homes in this little town, Elwood IN, about 40 miles north of Indianapolis. The funeral home that had this car bought it in about 1994 and it does have 37,000 original miles on it. Danny found a cool car with this one. I told the guys at the funeral home all about Danny and his car collection and they seemed facinated. When I told them that Danny was one of hundreds of us who collect similar cars they couldn't believe it!!!! I know they thought I was pulling their leg when I said Danny was a serious buyer and sure enough, after seeing the photos, Danny stepped up to the plate right away and bought the car.

According to the title they bought car in 1990 and have only put about 1500 miles since they bought it. I have seen one of these back about 1998 or 99 at international meet. Really neat cars.

I remember seeing Leonard's car at the Daytona meet. I did not like the way the curtains hang in the door frames and not ON the doors.
Neat car anyway.

I remember seeing Leonard's car at the Daytona meet. I did not like the way the curtains hang in the door frames and not ON the doors.
Neat car anyway.

That is the ONLY thing I do not like about these cars. They had to do it this way though because I dont think the windows had a frame around them. I still want one though!!!!!!

That is the ONLY thing I do not like about these cars. They had to do it this way though because I dont think the windows had a frame around them. I still want one though!!!!!!

Now that you mention it I see why they had to do it that way being side glass just goes up against rubber seal of body and had no window frame. Oh well, I still love these cars and will deal with that little thing somehow.:wowguy:

Larry, if you remember I told you about this car for sale a number of years ago, I looked at it about five years ago when we had the chapter meet at C.J. Boots. It was a gold car repainted black. It was purchased from Muster Coach and had been setting for a number of years.

Larry, if you remember I told you about this car for sale a number of years ago, I looked at it about five years ago when we had the chapter meet at C.J. Boots. It was a gold car repainted black. It was purchased from Muster Coach and had been setting for a number of years.

Sounds like it Tim. They claim parked about 8 years. They bought in 1990 according to title.

Back