JFK Pontiac ambulance up for auction

I contacted the Kennedy Library on Friday, and will be following up on the data plate request. Unfortunately, on Friday, much of the staff at the library couldn't get to work as a result of the snow storm.
Paul

Ms Brown?

According to Local AZ News Reports....the New Buyer.... Ms. Brown is neighbor of Craig Jackson and frequents his lavish parties held at his estate, so what $120,000.00 among rich friends.... so he probably has already reimbursed her less a 10% commission of course! MM

I don't mind that you posted my post on Firegeezer, but that's a little freaky to me that you posted the picture of me and my dog from Facebook. Was that really necessary? I suppose permission is no longer necessary in this internet age, but it remains a courtesy.

Hi Steve:

Apologies if posting your FaceBook picture was distressing.

I have removed the picture from the post.

Sunday is our lowest readership, at most 3,000+ views of the article since it was posted on Firegeezer.com.

If you look at the posts on Firegeezer (and STATter911 and Fire Critic) every item includes a picture. I used your Facebook image to place a face with the name.

I did not identify where you work or the leadership role in your hometown volunteer fire department. "Baltimore area paramedic/firefighter" covers a large group of people.

I appreciate that this has been an eventful weekend.

Good luck at today's funeral. We worked with Mark Falkenhan on an ems training program. One of my guys spent 2-3 days a week with Mark. His death feels like a gut punch.

Please let me know if you will be at EMS Today conference. It would be nice to spend a little face-to-face time. I will spring for drinks/lunch.

Or you can stop by the Firegeezer/STATter911 booth at Firehouse Expo, our fourth year exhibiting.

Mike

More information

Terri and I visited her parents house yesterday and ran across this Life magazine with the JFK funeral in it. Now for the kicker, it says Jackie "O" stayed with the ambulance in Dallas as well when the casket was in Maryland.
So were there two ambulances that looked alike in two differnet states?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 532
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 532
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 539
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 529
That article doesn't say anything about her riding in the ambulance in Dallas, although there are pictures showing her getting in. When he was shot, he was transported to the hospital in the limousene he was already in. When he left the hospital in Dallas he was transported to the airport in Vernon O'Neals 1964 Cadillac combo. When he arrived on the east coast, he was transported from the airport to Bethesda in the 1963 Pontiac, then he was transported from Bethesda to Washington DC, presumably in the same 1963 Pontiac. For the actual public funeral he was transported by horse-drawn caisson.

They're calling the car in Dallas an ambulance, even though it was a combo serving duty as a hearse.

Last edited:
Something I found odd in the two page spread from the B-J catalog posted by (Todd or Dwayne one) is the letter from Superior Coach. Remember the letter dated in 1951 that I shared here a while back? I find it kinda odd to be using the same letter head some 12 years later with an addition of a Presidents title from what I can tell. Most companies change or restyle there letterheads every so many years to keep up with their current advertising and company logo plan. See below.

Attachments

• jfkcatX1024.jpg2.jpg
    jfkcatX1024.jpg2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 499
  • Superior 1.jpg
    Superior 1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 488
According to Local AZ News Reports....the New Buyer.... Ms. Brown is neighbor of Craig Jackson and frequents his lavish parties held at his estate, so what $120,000.00 among rich friends.... so he probably has already reimbursed her less a 10% commission of course! MM

According to another post the JFK ambulance was sold to Tammy Allen a car collector in Grand Junction, CO. With it in her hands and being an extremely close friend to the Barrett-Jackson bunch, any futher verification to see if this is the real deal have just eroded away. I'm confident this was done to protect the precious name of Craig Jackson after he took the stage and made the comments he made.

I just lost all my respect for Barrett-Jackson.

Mark. I'm all ready 10 post behind with this one it's not rhetorical if you don't have the answer. I poised the question on the numbers used by the library when they were first posted. thanks for clearing up what they are. now we know were they come from and how BJ was to use them to wiggle out under the decoy car myth. the way the club works is I don't know the answer I poise the question. with as diverse a group as we have, someone knows the answer or were to get it. this way we all learn what is simple to someone else but unknown to the rest of us. most people would not think of taking pictures of data plates when documenting the destruction of a car. just a lot of pictures of the car and people there. when proof was asked for, they set us what they called positive proof. BJ was able to blow it away as just a car in the crusher. you notice they never brought up any information debunking there letters tying the numbers together. you can't argue facts. so you misdirect to something you can and focus on non related stuff like the continued talk about PBS in there news conference. so I have my opinion of the navy registration on the tag shown in the video clip. if you can make out he NSN number what do you make of the registration number

if you can make out he NSN number what do you make of the registration number

It appears to be what it is purported to be: 94-49196

I had to look at about 3 different pictures of the plate and use a picture editing program to adjust contrast, etc. to get an appreciation for the type face that was used as the nine's in the SNS and the Regis numbers can appear to be 8's in different views... almost a zero in another. Even the 5's and 6's can be hard to distinguish at first blush because of the type face and the lighing that was present when the photos of the nomenclature plates were taken.

My God, what a thread. Exhausting just reading it. All of you sleuths should be ashamed for raining on the parades of the car owner and poor ole B-J. Bet you don't get invited to the next b-b-q in Scottsdale.

The LIFE photos brought back to mind the 1960 or '61 Ghia Crown Imperial ( on the Ghia models only, the '61's used the '60 bodies and there were no '62's I believe ) following the ambulance to the White House. Does anyone know what became of it? It carried Mrs. Kennedy in the funeral procession. Thanks.

My God, what a thread. Exhausting just reading it. All of you sleuths should be ashamed for raining on the parades of the car owner and poor ole B-J.

Are you serious Jim? We should be ashamed for bringing to light this ambulance is a fake? :thumbsdown:

I applaud the efforts of the PCS people involved for their "stick to itness" in righting a wrong. :applause:

Cot Blanket

Someone asked earlier what was the wording on the blanket?

In todays local channel 3 their was another live interview with the Buyer/seller showing a closeup of the cot blanket.

On the head it reads "Us Navy" futher down it reads "Medical Department."

Also as it's already been discussed there's definetly no drivers side mirror and the spotlight does have a knob on it as if it were meant for marine use?

ref 373 thanks in all I quick fix programs I could one guess at 480 or 180 for the last set. just if anyone one wonders here is a blank letter head ready to print up a response from superior on.

tell me though have you ever seen a repeatable corporation trying to sell hx artifact that would go out and remove a key piece of evidence off that artifact?

tag in a mans hand who is to say were it came from after the news conference and being passed around. but decoy or not the navy may have painted numbers on a door but they would never have printed up a dataplate. there were not two ambulances after the fact running around with the same numbes on them in DC

Attachments

• Superior cliped.jpg
    Superior cliped.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 576
  • 2011 BJ data plates.jpg
    2011 BJ data plates.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 570
Of course I'm NOT serious. I thought my reference to "poor ole B-J" and no bbq invites would indicate that. From what I saw of the auction on this screen here, I wouldn't want anything to do with such a pretentious circus or its ringmasters.

When I was in Las Vegas last September, I found out the BJ auction was happening there a couple days later in the week.
I got a ticket and attended.

Always like watching it on TV and had fun walking around checking out all the things that doesn't make it on TV.

I signed up for some kind of Speed Channel offer. I ended up getting emails weekly ever since. Most times I just delete them as I don't get that channel anyway.

Today I just got an update. It mentions the ambulance !

Here is the link if you want to check it out:

http://automotive.speedtv.com/article/autos-kennedy-ambulance-bid-to-120k

Darren

Of course I'm NOT serious. I thought my reference to "poor ole B-J" and no bbq invites would indicate that. From what I saw of the auction on this screen here, I wouldn't want anything to do with such a pretentious circus or its ringmasters.

I extend a most heartfelt apology Jim for my quick uninformed response.

Back