Ford, Lincoln, & Mercury Pro-Cars

One of my favorites, a 1967 Abbott & Hast Mercury called the Danny Thomas Travel Luggage Car. Don't ask me why.... :confused:

2hd0dhv.jpg

Adam, what's that boxy thing behind the '67 Colony Park conversion? Looks like a vending machine or voting booth :D I love '67 Mercurys!

Being that it was built as a "Travel Luggage Car" I would assume the large boxy thing is a rolling wardrobe closet, sweaters and such to the right side and slacks and suits to the right. The flat ferno car was most likely used for suitcases.

Not sure if this one counts or not, but I really like it. 1963 Ford F-100 Ambulance. Not positive, but it looks like it may have ben built off of the unibody F-100, whitch were built in 61-63.

Josh

Attachments

• Ford F100 Ambulance.jpg
    Ford F100 Ambulance.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,197
according to our rules that one fits. if falls into the light truck category like the suburbans. one ton would be to heavy and 3/4 is a question but 1/2 ton is in.

I guess I missed this thread somewhere. Here are a few pics of my step-father's 1953 Ford Courier service car. No coach builder, originally modified by the funeral home that bought it new.

Attachments

• PCS2009 223.jpg
    PCS2009 223.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 725
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 669
  • 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 654
2hd0dhv.jpg

Being that it was built as a "Travel Luggage Car" I would assume the large boxy thing is a rolling wardrobe closet, sweaters and such to the right side and slacks and suits to the right. The flat ferno car was most likely used for suitcases.

I think everyone is right. To me...and my eyes are not wonderful....it looks like slacks hanging on the left and jackets on the right. It looks like its a non folding gurney attached to the one side. So, you hang you clothes in it and then lay it down, slide it in and use a cot bar to hold your wardrobe in place. Maybe?

Alex

Back