Criterion gone to hell!

Tony Karsnia

I have a picture of a CB done that way to. I would think it would be hard to drive at night. with the lights flashing you eyes. but maybe the pointy end of the grimes light is dark

Tony Can You Tell me where I can get 6 Side/tunnel Lights like what is On the Dykstra C+B

Looks like a Michigan Car

Thanks

Russ

Side Lights

Russ,

I don't believe those lights were among the factory offerings on the (Wayne Corp.) Olds and Cadillac ambulances. This car, as well as the Mall City Lifeliner, probably came off the line with no side lights and received this type of light later as an add-on.

The standard side lights for Miller-Meteors and Cotner/Bevingtons of this era were the round "tunnel" lights, which were also used on the Wayne Chevrolet Vanguard, Dodge Medicruiser, and Care-O-Van rigs.

Keep us informed Tony on your adventure to re-aquire this Criterion. I would love to see more pictures of this rig both inside and out.

Richard

Tony I found another pic of your beloved Criterion on the Northland PCS website! here it is:
CriterionsW.jpg

Tunnel lights

Russ,

I don't believe those lights were among the factory offerings on the (Wayne Corp.) Olds and Cadillac ambulances. This car, as well as the Mall City Lifeliner, probably came off the line with no side lights and received this type of light later as an add-on.

The standard side lights for Miller-Meteors and Cotner/Bevingtons of this era were the round "tunnel" lights, which were also used on the Wayne Chevrolet Vanguard, Dodge Medicruiser, and Care-O-Van rigs.

Thanks Tony.
I knew that the round tunnels were factory. But unsure of the Square style.
These Lights were popular in Michigan I know of Several companies that had them. Mall City. Delong. Bud's. Dykstra.
Thanks Again Tony for the Great Info

Russ

I once owned both of those '74 Criterions. Sold the red one to Jeff Stanton, who has since moved it on to a new home in Wisconsin.

The photo Dwayne posted was taken in the driveway of our Grand Avenue funeral home just prior to departure for the 1998 PCS Int'l Meet in Burr Ridge.

I once owned both of those '74 Criterions. Sold the red one to Jeff Stanton, who has since moved it on to a new home in Wisconsin.

The photo Dwayne posted was taken in the driveway of our Grand Avenue funeral home just prior to departure for the 1998 PCS Int'l Meet in Burr Ridge.

Tony,
Was the red Criterion from Grundy Center, Iowa?

You are correct, John. I bought that car directly from the Grundy Center Fire Dept. in 1997.

I thought so. I lived in Grundy Center when I was between 5 and 10, and I remember this car (or one just like it) at the F.D. and in parades. Its hard to beleive I remember things that long ago, but cant remember what I did yesterday:eek:

Grundy Center

That Criterion spent a lot of it's life at Roger Moody's Mobil station-Moody must have been connected with the fire department as he was also a place to get your fire extinguishers recharged. I know of many folks while in getting a brake job or tune-up had to wait while there was an ambulance call. Frankly, I always got the impression Roger cared more for the ambulance service than the service station!

I do like the look of the Ful-Views on the fenders. I wonder if they will flash in your eyes when driving....... :confused:

A raid....!

I think we should form the PCS SWAT Team. Let's gear up, pull a midnight raid, and rescue that old girl. No Judge would ever convict us....especially if we showed him or her Tony's "before" pictures.

What a beauty she was. Maybe she can be again. Best of luck, Tony. I'm cheering for you.

I would love a set of full-vues for mine and there are many more things I would like from this Criterion. At this point I do not think I will be doing anything to my Criterion except work on it. I like it like it is and I like the colors as well.

Tony, if you make contact with the person (or should I say "criminal") who has your former Criterion now, please see if he will loan us the driver's side speaker mount. Richard and I both need one, and John says he will have copies molded.

I'll buy the guy a big box of beer for his trouble.

Still on the trail...

I am still working on (a) getting the entire car back, or (b) being able to part it out. In either case, you guys will be the first to know if parts become available.

This guy might have more beer than he can drink before this is over...:eek:

Back