Announcing the PCS Southeastern Regional Meet Asheville NC April 30th - May 1st 2014

Phew...after fighting a vapor locking Cadillac home..over the mountain passes.....stopping twice...in 45 miles....Asheville is one for the books!
The SERM meet hosted a total of 45 cars! :eek: When I got back to the hotel last night I forgot 5 that didnt make it to the show for various reasons,lack of drivers, Saturday conflicts with funerals etc...that brought the total to 50 cars visiting over the weekend! :eek: stereo :eek:

elmodance_zpse1203f8c.gif

A heartfelt THANK YOU goes to everyone that attended. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, visited with old friends and made some new ones. The entire event went so smooth, it was more than we could of asked for! More pictures later as I have been dying for a nap all week :)

asheville2014show_zpsb37e251a.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like you all had a great time. SEPCS should be commended for a great show.

I'm sorry I had to miss it (we had a major training drill at work that I had to be at, no choice there.). Hopefully, it will be repeated.

Haven't been able to log in here since Saturday night :confused:. Here are a few more shots. Folks were heading to the 10am show before I could get many people pics, but here's -ugh, well here's nothing as I can't get the "manage attachments" box to open after three attempts:thumbsdown:. Back to work, maybe things will be working later......

It looks like you folks had good weather and a great event, congratulations! I wish I had been there, but maybe next time.

On behalf of Dead Ends and the NHAA - thank you so much to the PCS South East Chapter for coming out. This was definitely a historic event. We had a great time hanging out with you.

Go ahead and mark your calendars for the first weekend of May in 2015!

As Ryan mentioned the plans are already starting to get laid out for Asheville 2015! Last year was 25 cars......this year 50...next year.....

Another tidbit that surprised every one was Jim B's freshly restored Superior Flower Car that he drove in from Missouri! :eek: This was one that no one knew was coming. :) He read about our event in TPC...and decided to take a ride. Most everything has been seen in social media as it happened, but here is a lil more eye candy of what y'all missed.

ash1_zps02edd142.jpg

ash2_zpsd43197e5.jpg

internet_zpsd0cf3298.jpg

Absolutely fantastic !!!!!

I have to say I had an incredible time from the minute I left Toronto to the minute I returned to Toronto on this fantastic 6 day adventure !!!

IF YOU MISSED THIS MEET, YOU MISSED A GREAT ONE !!!

I will be writing up a very detailed account of my 6 day road trip and will post it here soon.

For now, enjoy a few photos from the trip...

I met all my old friends and can say I have a lot of new ones now too !

14.5 hours each way was worth every second !!!

THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO HAD A PART IN MAKING THIS EVENT HAPPEN !!!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SHOWED UP TOO !!!

Planning on being there in 2015 folks !

Darren

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Sweet ride with an incredible front and rear end with all kinds of style
S/S custom
Attila's funeral parking sign display
all souls welcome in Asheville
My brother and I at JIMMY JOHNS !

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• pcs serm 5.jpg
    pcs serm 5.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 231
  • pcs serm 4.jpg
    pcs serm 4.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 231
  • pcs serm 3.jpg
    pcs serm 3.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 223
  • pcs serm 2.jpg
    pcs serm 2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 229
  • pcs serm 1.jpg
    pcs serm 1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 239
Public Service Announcement

I bought a XL Carolina Coffin Cruisers T-shirt and hung it on Rick Duffy's Jeep mirror in the non-procar grassy parking lot as the car was locked.

The wind must have blown it off the car.

If anyone found a black XL CCC T-shirt in the field and is wondering who's it is, it is mine.

Thanks !

Darren

:thumbsup:

Here's a couple more from Saturday morning: Gene Williams and Kenneth McCoy; couldn't resist this shot from the room window. Thanks to Cary, Ryan, and everyone else who helped make a great weekend and especially to those who attended. It's very flattering that many folks came from Pennsylvania, Florida, Toronto, and other great distances to see what we're up to down here! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_2348.jpg
    IMG_2348.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 205
Darren We found it on the ground when we walked out to Kenneth McCoys vehicle. Not knowing who lost it, Vonda took it back to those selling them and gave it back. MYSTERY SOLVED. I think Duffy should buy you another one. Gene

Gene

THANKS for the info !

I will get in touch and order another shirt.

It was a pleasure talking with you at the meet and I hope you are feeling better.

THANKS AGAIN !

Darren

Since I haven't been able to write up the story on my 6 day road trip yet as I am helping Baker Vaults and Digger do spring burials, I figure I will post a few more photos from the South Eastern PCS meet in Asheville NC.

Gotta love photos eh !

Enjoy,
Darren

Gene's Packard - The finest car at the show for sure !
Rear view of the most unique car there in my opinion
Beautiful lady in a '60 Plymouth
Darryl's recent incredible find in it's original condition
chopped top hearse

Attachments

• pcs serm 9.jpg
    pcs serm 9.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 192
  • pcs serm 8.jpg
    pcs serm 8.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG-20140503-06801.jpg
    IMG-20140503-06801.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 194
  • pcs serm 6.jpg
    pcs serm 6.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 203
  • pcs serm 7.jpg
    pcs serm 7.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 190
Asheville Show

Judy and I had great time, both groups made us feel welcome, the cars and people were great. We plan to make some of the other shows, so once again Thanks to everyone......Wonderful Show..Jim

I want to see more of that Memphis Dodge. Is it a '59? You don't see those everyday! I wish I could of made it just to see this one!

As requested, more Memphian photos !!!

The meets DJ and his system !

My smiling PCS buddy !

John and Steve's '63 ambulances

Enjoy,
Darren

Attachments

• pcs serm 13.jpg
    pcs serm 13.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 130
  • pcs serm 14 memphian.jpg
    pcs serm 14 memphian.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 124
  • pcs serm 16 dj.jpg
    pcs serm 16 dj.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 128
  • pcs serm 15 smilling face.jpg
    pcs serm 15 smilling face.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 128
  • pcs serm 12 ambulances John and Steve.jpg
    pcs serm 12 ambulances John and Steve.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 135
I figure I will toss in a few "on the road" photos of the nice scenery in the hills on my way to the fantastic meet.

Plan on going in 2015 !

Enjoy,
Darren

Attachments

• pcs serm 10 going.jpg
    pcs serm 10 going.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 141
  • pcs serm 11 going 2.jpg
    pcs serm 11 going 2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 122
  • pcs serm 17 on the road.jpg
    pcs serm 17 on the road.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 130
this is "THE" Flower Car I would love to own !

Jim sure has a beautiful car !!! and drove it from MO !

What a outstanding work of art cab this car has. :thumbsup:

A thing of beauty,
Darren

Attachments

• pcs serm 20 fc front view.jpg
    pcs serm 20 fc front view.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 130
  • pcs serm 21 fc rear view.jpg
    pcs serm 21 fc rear view.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 126
  • pcs serm 18 fc cab.jpg
    pcs serm 18 fc cab.jpg