Abandoned Funeral Home with hearse in it

A word to the wise do not be someone you are not it can cause serious problems. Saying you are a public official or employee when you are not is a no no. Stick with real estate buyer usually flys well.

That's the safest route. But some people that are into urbex swear by the hardhat/hi-viz/clipboard look.

Time for bail money?

Ok we have not heard from Richard on his update yet, is it time to pass the hat for a bail money collection?

I'm in for 5.00

Piece of cake, no issues. Turns out the Florida Gators were playing in town so traffic was a bit of a mess. Finally arriving with a couple other guys our adventure begins. We ran in to a couple other curiosity seekers so we went in as a pack. We figured the police were tied up with traffic for the game. Turns out there were two entrances allowing us to walk right in. Naturally we ran in to a couple homeless but what the hey. Hopefully these pictures offer some insight. The hearse is in remarkable condition. Look at the casket in stages of being opened. Any funeral director can tell you the quality of this unit.

Attachments

• j32.jpg
    j32.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 219
  • j33.jpg
    j33.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 220
  • j36.jpg
    j36.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 220
  • j35.jpg
    j35.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 211
  • j34.jpg
    j34.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 221
  • j40.jpg
    j40.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 218
  • j38.jpg
    j38.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 216
  • j37.jpg
    j37.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 218
And now the hearse

Attachments

• j44.jpg
    j44.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 214
  • j43.jpg
    j43.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 219
  • j42.jpg
    j42.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 215
  • j41.jpg
    j41.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 212
  • j45.jpg
    j45.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 223
Ok last pictures but you have to admit it certainly was not a very attractive funeral home.

Attachments

• j50.jpg
    j50.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 207
  • j60.jpg
    j60.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 205
  • j62.jpg
    j62.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 209
  • j61.jpg
    j61.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 209
  • j58.jpg
    j58.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 214
  • j57.jpg
    j57.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 211
  • j56.jpg
    j56.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 213
  • j55.jpg
    j55.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 214
Great scouting job you guys are the best. I am blown away by the whole scene as I said before from a business standpoint it just makes no sense. WHY do you get up and leave so much on the table? The truck in the pictures looks like it has a small crane to set caskets or vaults in graves that makes the truck worth bucks. The hearse looks like a clean up and it would be a great coach. We all need to be thankful its in Jacksonville were it in Philadelphia, Baltimore,DC or anywhere in the Northeast from DC to Boston the whole thing would have been burned to a cinder by now as it is its only a matter of time. Someone in the area needs to pay a personal visit to the owners new FH and see if something can be done before the torch shows up. My thoughts. Again a WELL DONE to the intrepid explorers.

Many were already starting a "bail raising fund" but me I had a draft letter written to President Obama to get any sentence you got commuted before he leaves office. In short we got your back buddy.

Nothing more senseless then wonded property. We a a few towns like this, were when the mine played out every one just walked out with what they could carry and left the rest.

Wow, 'great job' Richard. Hope you guys were wearing your hazmat breathing gear. Reminds me of Micanopy, FL. Neat scene but, you can smell the back mold going into your lungs in the Summer time. Folks don't realize how dangerous it is.
What a complete waste....really sad.

It doesn't look like it needs much of anything to me, other than a good detail job! Unfortunately, the landau bars are probably long gone. What do people think they are going to do with landau bars?

I know more about this situation than most since I live closer and have visited with several FDs local to this place. I believe there is a long standing grudge match between the current owner and wife/children of late former owner/mentor. Many people, including personal friends of Robert Peeples have tried to get him to let go of things from that building long before the latest interlopers, to no avail. Money or reason in any amount will not move him. That has been tried numerous times before, it didn't work then and won't now. I've been told by employees of other Jax homes that numerous small(carryable)items have already been looted from the site. It was last used as a site for another funeral home contracted by Peeples to pick up bodies for cremation.

There are a lot of really screwed up people in this world......... many of which are very successful!

If you fail to maintain a property, you are naturally going to have the looters move in. I can't feel sorry for the owner.

I know more about this situation than most since I live closer and have visited with several FDs local to this place. I believe there is a long standing grudge match between the current owner and wife/children of late former owner/mentor. Many people, including personal friends of Robert Peeples have tried to get him to let go of things from that building long before the latest interlopers, to no avail. Money or reason in any amount will not move him. That has been tried numerous times before, it didn't work then and won't now. I've been told by employees of other Jax homes that numerous small(carryable)items have already been looted from the site. It was last used as a site for another funeral home contracted by Peeples to pick up bodies for cremation.

Thanks Jay and glad to discover what is going on with this place. Still a lot of great items maybe not to be used in the funeral business but just some cool items for the garage ESPECIALY that hearse. :mad:

Back