2011 Micro-Meet

Home safely

Originally, we wanted to drive on Sunday to Bay City and take in their huge antique mall, and stop for chicken in Frankenmuth at Zehnder's. As I awaken very early (darned body clock!) I took my laptop to the Hampton breakfast area for coffee. I really never thought to check the weather until Marlene came down from the room and told me that the TV was posting nothing but warnings. I went to the internet weather map, and sure enough, the mess was coming. So we just left Flint and headed directly home. The snow started at the 5 mile marker, just north of the Indiana border. Wasn't bad at the time, but I just got done shoveling about 4" off my driveway. I hope everyone else is home safely too. Tom

we pulled in tonight at about 1040, ducked everything by going across neb. did not have to put the truck in 4 wheel drive tiLl I tried to get it into the garage. talked to Tony and he said he only had 8 out of we have about 3 left here. on the deck. so lucked out once again. had a lot of fun once again. I promise I'll get a different gps unit for the next time.

................ I promise I'll get a different gps unit for the next time.

I believe that your GPS was manufactured in the true spirit of Christopher Columbus... It takes you around the world, and gets you lost. Instead of telling you to make a U turn, it sends you 6 miles to the right, another 4 miles to the right, and then another 6 miles to the right and then tells you to make a left...

I believe that your GPS was manufactured in the true spirit of Christopher Columbus... It takes you around the world, and gets you lost. Instead of telling you to make a U turn, it sends you 6 miles to the right, another 4 miles to the right, and then another 6 miles to the right and then tells you to make a left...

I believe that. Everytime I use mine leaving Flint heading home it tries to make me drive through Detroit even though US-23 is faster and more direct.

Go fiqure!!! Must be the Steinberg model!!! :soapbox:

put my pictures up on the drop shot site. here they are http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2011-02-17/16:25:54 three of interest I though I would share with everyone here. one on the way, the jolly green giant at Blue Earth Mn. one there, my buddy Paul looking things over. one on the way out, the Mississippi looking north at Savanna Il.

Attachments

• IMG_6574a.jpg
    IMG_6574a.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1127a.jpg
    IMG_1127a.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1151a.jpg
    IMG_1151a.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 206
Ed, thanks for sharing your pics . between dinner and the BoD meeting i had a passager i knew where i had to go, the only way i knew i was going in the right direction was a certian wht veh. turned lft in frt of me and i followed them to the F.H.

Last edited:
Home

I haven't left yet - I'm hoping the the roads will be plowed off by the time I try to leave.

I finally made it home by 4:30 pm Tuesday, after the freezing rain cleared up just North of Indianapolis last night. I spent about two hours visiting William Donnell at his Family Funeral Home in Greenville, IL - he does have quite the collection of both toy and 1:1 professional Cars!

A belated THANK YOU to Brady, Kim and everyone involved to make the 2011 MicroMeet a great event !

A big thank you to everyone who showed up as well. If it wasn't for the attendees, there really wouldn't be a meet.

Attached are a few of my favorite photos from the week-end.

Not sure what order they will appear but here is a little blurb about each one...

Picture of the Packard Man Cave.

Picture of the 62 Cadillac in the man cave.

Picture of a part that is machined by the owner of the man cave !
I couldn't believe how small the parts were he made there. Un-real.

The hearse model I made when I was about 11 years old !
I still have it over 30 years later and brought it to the meet after all these years of not having a micro car with me.

Kevin's car out side Brady and Janet's incredible garage !

The snow on Monday morning in Port Huron, an hour from Flint.
About 9" at least.

I have to say... seeing the friends I have made over the years, and making new ones at these meets is FANTASTIC !

Looking forward to next year already !

Darren

Attachments

• DSCI2171 (640x480).jpg
    DSCI2171 (640x480).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCI2180 (640x480).jpg
    DSCI2180 (640x480).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_6702 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_6702 (640x480).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 111