2011 Micro-Meet

A couple shots from today's visit to the Packard Man Cave:

(1933 Packards)
picture.php

picture.php

I would like to thank everyone for coming to the Michigan Chapter Micro Meet. Hopefully, everyone had a great time. It was nice seeing everyone over the weekend.

A special thank you to Brady and Janet Smith for your extreme hospitality, hard work, and lunch; Scott Walker for donating so many items for the silent auction; John & Frank for helping with the 50/50 drawing; Jim Vowell for helping me with setting up the auction items; George & Bee Hamlin for a great job with the event; Howard for keeping track of all the records; our outstanding speakers; everyone who donated items for the auction; and for all of you for making the trip to Michigan to make this the funnest event during the winter.

It was great seeing everyone and looking forward to seeing you again in Ohio.

I also want to thank Brady Smith and Kim McDonald and all the behind the scene people from the Michigan Chapter and the Pcs for a wonderful event.i had a great time no awards but i tried , and kim nice video.

Last edited:
we (me myself and I) made it back to Il at least. we are camping out at the kids near the Ia boarder. only got wet to here. hoping to dodge the bullitt on the latest batch of white stuff. looks like the run up to St Paul is out. and we will be touring the us 20 rout across Ia and Neb to get home as i-90 is snow packed all across SD and MN. be some nasty stuff tomorrow south of chigco they clame. but it was a good time, as it always is. the baord meeting was a little longer then we thought, but not to long. we set the meet for 12 and started the ball rolling on some more bylaw changes, adapted the posted ones. no real suprised and as usal Rick did a grate job of keeping Greg shorter then he wanted. the 10 meet made money and we are sovlent as a clube. money wise due to out effecent tres. members ship reains at about the same leval. we will be asking any chartered groups to send there information on when they were chartered to Bee. not any real suprises and a good time had by all. about all can thing of right now.

The Micro Meet was a great weekend away. Lots of friends and lots of professional cars (of all sizes). Couldn't have asked for a better winter weekend away.

A huge thanks to the whole Mid-Michigan chapter for hosting this. Thanks to Brady Smith and Kim McDonalds in particular. It takes leadership and hospitality to pull something like this off and these two made it happen.

As for the weather... I am glad we stayed for the Packard collection Sunday. I know a few ran first thing in the morning because of the coming storm. We left Flint around 1pm Sunday and managed to stay just ahead of the storm all the way home. Within a half hour of pulling in home, it started snowing here.

What a difference a day makes!

The snow started as Brad and I were having lunch at about 2:30 or 3:00 Sunday. The snow stopped this morning and Swartz Creek is under a blanket of about 8" to 10" of fresh snow.

02-21-2011-b.jpg

Thank you to all who made the trip to Michigan for a great Micro-Meet!

The snow started as Brad and I were having lunch at about 2:30 or 3:00 Sunday. The snow stopped this morning and Swartz Creek is under a blanket of about 8" to 10" of fresh snow.

02-21-2011-b.jpg

Thank you to all who made the trip to Michigan for a great Micro-Meet!

Thanks Kevin. I printed your picture and have it taped to the hotel's front desk showing all the 500 fan's what they can expect when they get home.

Wow, I got out just in time. My flight from Detroit was at 1:51pm. When I got to the airport at noon, it was getting cloudy. When we were ready to board the plane, there was definately a storm coming. When we got to the runway, the end of the runway we were taking off from was clear, but you could not see the other end of the runway (facing south) due to snow falling. We took off right into the storm front. But I got home OK, no snow here in MD (though we are due for sleet and 1-3" tonight). :snow2_smi:

Brady, Kim, and the rest of the Michigan folks, I had a great time. The Micro-Meet is always a fun, laid-back get-together with no important agenda, so that's good. Food was good, and the company was even better! Thanks, all, for making it a fun, quick vacation in the middle of the winter.
:thankyou2:

Still in Flint

I haven't left yet - I'm hoping the the roads will be plowed off by the time I try to leave.

Had a blast as usual at the Micro-Meet! thanks to Brady, Janet, Kim and all involved with putting on such an outstanding event to get us past the winter doldrums! Finally caught the spring fever as I stood outside the Garage Ma Hahl smoking a cigar and listening to the distinct rumble of the 472 in Kevin's 72 S&S Victoria Saturday afternoon! Coming home we hit the beginning of the storm about noon time for about 30 miles at the MI/IN state line on I-69 but we rolled along pretty good! Got home about 9:30 p.m. CST last night to 65 degrees and a light breeze here in TN! Once again thanks to all who put this meet on who came out and enjoyed the weekend!

Back