16 days to the micro-meet - WHO's GOING ?

I Was Premature

Well Dan Skivolocke will not be there as I reported earlier. He has a big funeral on Saturday and can't get away. We had dinner (and too many drinks) with him tonight. I begged him to play hookie but no dice.

Paul S, Dan H, Jim V, Digger and myself were sitting in the hotel lobby
tonight wondering were the snow was we were told about.
:blahblah:

NONE at 12:30am !
...but now at 2am there are some big fluffy flurries flying around Flint !
:snow2_smi:

Don't let it stop you !!! We are waiting your arrival !!!
:drive2:

Drive safe and see ya soon,
Darren

:thumb:

Made it

Due to a late start (which never happened before...) I made it to the hotel at 2000 and Carol and I are currently eating dinner at Applebee's. Carol is going to spend the weekend at her Daughter's in Lincoln Park so it will be just me until Sunday lunch.

Glad you made it Matt.

You were missed tonight and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Tell Carol we hope we get to see her on Sunday.

First of the three day event went extremely well !!!

The restaurant was great ! Fast service, lots of room (in our private room),
likely our largest group for dinner Friday ever, good food and most of all... FANTASTIC FRIENDS !!!

Makes our old restaurant, Damon's, look really bad. (and it was !)
Tight, slow service and it has closed down anyway.
Way to go on the new choice !

ProCar Jeopardy was very entertaining. Gregg was the final champ...
winning absolutely nothing! No prize after all that effort. Fun was had by all, even the people cheering them on.

Just being in the Garage Majhl with all out PCS family is a joy.

I think Walt McCall should get a huge trophy for bringing his casket, funeral car and embalming room supplies he and his friend HAND MADE 55 YEARS AGO !!!!!

He was making scale models longer than 1/2 the room has been alive !!! 55 years ago ! Everything was in 1.25 scale.

My favorite thing he had on display was a enamel embalming table.

Everything was made from scratch ! using whatever he could find.
Way before any PCS members were modeling in funeral related things.

Hats off to you Walt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You inspire and amaze me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walt's collection and fascination is way beyond his 20 or so books on ProCars/Fire trucks that he is well know for. He has been a collector and builder almost his entire life.

Can't wait for the big day ! Starts in 7 hours 15 minutes from now.

Photos and day two update coming in about 24 hours.

Darren

Sorry for the delay as I didn't have internet access Sat. or Sun. and just got back to Toronto tonight.

Here is how Saturday went through my own view:

Started out with registration of Digger and My diorama.

I was busy photographing miniature ProCars on display as well as things in Bradys garage. There are always new things being hung on the walls and put in the display cases in his incredible AUTOMOTIVE MAN CAVE !

I even noticed the addition of his new kitchen and laundry room ! Yes, in his garage ! The huge washroom with SHOWER has been there forever but the new additions keep coming.

I bought 50/50 tickets from the comedy team of John and Francis. What a perfect pair to be selling tickets. It is like a show and sale all in one. Worth the price of the tickets even if you don't win anything. Since Digger was one of the tallest people attending, they were using her leg length to sell tickets. Much better than a arm length as she has a 36" inseam. The laughs were plentiful to say the least.

After Prez Rick Duffy had his massage by the Registered massage lady on her bench, many others including myself treated themselves to a massage.
I had a sore shoulder that she help loosen up.

The presentation by Tom McPherson was interesting and informative.
The meet went International as he had the owner of Brooklin Models on the phone live from the UK over a PA system speaking about the upcoming professional cars being designed and made available in 6 models over the next year.
The micro meet will be the official release party for the 1960 ProCar in 2013 !
The owner of Brooklin Models plans on being at the micro-meet for this presentation and release party. Plan on going to the meet next year !

Tony Karsnia had a wonderful slide show featuring quite a few of Bernie DeWinters HEARSE HUNTING photos. Everyone loves looking at pictures and had a fun time as they kept coming one after the other. He plans on showing more photos at future meets so plan on going and check them out for yourself.

Being there with everyone chatting about everything related to these incredible automobiles was amazing. As I looked around the room over 90% of the people attending I had seen before but there were a few new friends made as well. It is like a family reunion every time the gatherings happen.

Time flew by and I didn't get to chat with everyone I wanted to but it is like they say... Time flies when you are having fun !

The lunch provided was AWESOME !!! The chicken was very moist and tasty !
Quite a few people were heard saying the same thing. The cookies were soft and yummy as well ! Drinks were plentiful as well.

I ended up winning a few silent auction items so I was pleased to have supported a fine chapter again this year.

To everyone who did set-up and tear-down and everyone in between who helped make this another great day... THANK YOU !!!

The big day wasn't over yet... everyone drove over to the restaurant for a great dinner. The service was quick, the food was good and all at decent prices too !

The board meeting followed at the host hotel at 7:30pm.
Everyone hoped for a quick meeting but it did go on a little longer than hoped. Like any meeting with 50 people, lots to talk about and topics to bring up and to be worked out.

After the meeting, many of the attendees sat in the common area until about 2am before going back to their rooms.

Sunday brunch was held at the Whitehorse again this year. Quite a few people enjoyed chatting with the people sitting around them while enjoying their lunch.

Getting to sit with Rocky from WI and hearing all his stories and car talk then (and Saturday as well) was a fabulous part of the week-end. He is without question, a CAR GUY ! This guy... Lives - Breathes - Drives ...cars !

That was the official ending of the meet. People said their goodbyes and drove off.

What a great week-end !

For Digger and I the week-end didn't end there. Brad Ross ended up inviting us over to his home to see his antiques and cars. After that we went antique hunting and found a few treasures. One neat thing I found was a vintage dwell meter for setting timing on the older cars. I will attach a photo another time. I had to limit my buying as we had our large diorama in Diggers truck so we were limited on space.

We also stopped by Kevin Parkinson's home as well. He has a very impressive Cadillac collection other the the pair of '72s (hearse & limo) most of you have seen before. He has 5 other Cadillac's as well.

THANKS to Brad & Kevin for outstanding hospitality this week-end !!!

Digger and I stayed one more night at the host hotel as she had to pick up vault supplies in Port Huron Monday morning before the drive back to Toronto.

With the little snow Flint and area got Saturday it never put any cramp in the week-end at all. Richard would have loved it ! Most of us didn't care for it but luckily they never got the 7-9" they called for.

To everyone who attended this annual winter event... THANKS !
It is the people who make this car club great !!!

...you see that as no one had their real ProCars with them and still
had fun without the cars.

Brady's and the diecast cars did help though.

I hope to see everyone in Florida in June !!!!!

Until then... stay happy, healthy and have fun !
Darren

:thumb:

As mentioned in the previous post above... here is the picture of the vintage Dwell Meter I found at a Swartz Creek antique shop.

The other photo is stuff I picked up at local Flint, Flushing, Swartz Creek shops.

I was without a lot of space so my buying was cut back this time.

Enjoy,
Darren

Attachments

• DSCI3964 (640x480).jpg
    DSCI3964 (640x480).jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCI3962 (480x640).jpg
    DSCI3962 (480x640).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 112
thats a oldie but a goodie. a lot of ths old test equptment around. now do you have the 6 sided wiggly wagge to set the points with

Ed

" now do you have the 6 sided wiggly wagge to set the points with "

No, I do not have one of those ! :pat:
This will just be a prop in my shop. :specool:

Darren

Back