Who's going to Albany and what are you driving?

The Miles are the same for me as Jeremy, I'm going to try my best to bring the 67, but might have to hitch a ride with him.:eek:

Josh

Driving from Seattle to Albany is probably out of the question as I would need to take almost a month off from work.....driving time to and from the meet; the time at the meet; and extra time to visit family and friends that I havent seen in over 30 years. Im trying to figure out how to accomplish the extra visiting and transportation issues after flying in to NY. On my salary, this isnt going to be easy.......but a correction, Paul, Fort Apache would be a homecoming event for my father, Det. Lt. Henry G.Franklin, NYPD Retired!

Come on Rick, just drive straight through...:cheers:

I hope some one else drives in. I'm tired of buying a trophy. as for why not fly you have to remember there are two of us and one has family half way there. but I to have a old navy buddy in Liverpool I want to look up. I have not seen him since we last shook hands in Danang in 1970. so 100 miles off the rout is not a big thing.

the Power's have you beat. They cross an ocean to get to a meet.

They certainly do. Talk about dedication.

PCSIntlMeet081.jpg

I'll be there!

Look forward to seeing everyone there!:D

Please... no long marathon meetings... I want to relax and enjoy myself.:bonk:

Our plans are to be there! I will be requesting that week off, hopefully I will get it. We are hoping to bring the ambulance and we are definately looking forward to seeing everyone!

Albany 2010

I would like to bring my '66 Ford National Ambulance to an International Meet - however, with under 9000 original miles that car will have to be trailered. Due to our different work schedules, Carol may not be able to attend this year, which will leave me to make the 1200 mile drive by myself - something I haven't had to do since 2002!

Since I don't own a truck big enough to haul the Ford, it is more than likely that I will drive one of my newer purchases.

I'll be there......

I will be at the International Meet [been to every one since I joined in '02]. I do have a dilemma though. Would like to drive the limousine on the trip to New York but am spending 4 days in Manhattan before driving to Albany. I gotta figure out a place to stash the limo for 4 days because there ain't no place to park it in Manhattan. I'm trying to figure out maybe an NYPD contact or a helpful NYFD fireman who could find a city lot or something for me to park the car for 4 days. Anybody know anyone who could help??? I suppose I could park the limo in New Jersey someplace and take the train into NYC but I'd still want a secure place to park it. If I can't figure out what to do with the limo I'll just drive my Grand Marquis.

Just park it in a tow away zone, and it will be safely stored for you at the docks, until you pay to get it... :cheers:
If you want, we have a location outside of Albany that you can leave the car and possibly take a bus into the city and back. Just let us know in advance so we have time to make the arrangements, etc.

Larry,
If you would like you could leave the limo at my place. I would be able to get you to a train station so you could take the train to NYC. You would be close to Albany and just about 3 hrs. by train from NYC at my place.:biker:
PS: your car should be safe at my place, my limo is a chrysler so I don't think that I would need anything off of your caddy.

I will be at the International Meet [been to every one since I joined in '02]. I do have a dilemma though. Would like to drive the limousine on the trip to New York but am spending 4 days in Manhattan before driving to Albany. I gotta figure out a place to stash the limo for 4 days because there ain't no place to park it in Manhattan. I'm trying to figure out maybe an NYPD contact or a helpful NYFD fireman who could find a city lot or something for me to park the car for 4 days. Anybody know anyone who could help??? I suppose I could park the limo in New Jersey someplace and take the train into NYC but I'd still want a secure place to park it. If I can't figure out what to do with the limo I'll just drive my Grand Marquis.

Larry, my house is about ten miles out of Manhattan. We are right on bus and train routes to NYC. You would be very welcome to leave your limo in our driveway. It would be safe and convenient for you and absolutely no problem at all!

Back