What is your color preference?

Actually I'm kind of glad this thread isn't a poll, its interesting to hear what people prefer, and there reasons why. While black is my first choice for a Funeral Coach, I really like Funeral Homes that still run there owne color. There is a FH here in Kentucky that has there owne color green. A very od color green mind you, but its one of a kind, and you always know its one of there cars when you see one. Woodbine Funeral Home in Nashville, has a color they run called Woodbine Purple. To me its more of a burgundyish color, but they call it purple. And again, you know there cars when you see them. While I prefer black, I also like it when a FH runs a color thats compleatly different from any other FH, and still can maintain a classy look.

Josh

I worked for an ambulance service that also provided livery service to area funeral homes. In 1971 - 1973, we had an all white fleet (10). The in late 1973, it was decided to let the funeral homes pick the color they desired. We had a few all white, blue ,black over white, gold, white over gold, chocolate brown (my favorite). The color policy continued thru 1986 when the last fleet purchase was made. After 1988, the funeral homes started doing their own.

Hearses... BLACK !

I don't work in the funeral industry or have had any actual use experience with their intended uses.

My opinion is that black has the most DIGNITY and CLASS when it comes to HEARSES or LIMOS for that matter. Much more FORMAL by tradition than any other color.

Although these cars do look good in MANY OTHER COLORS !
Sometimes the odd or unusual colors look fantastic !

A well kept car looks great in any color. Condition is everything when it comes to appearance.

Darren

By the way... when it comes to Ambulances... in my opinion, they should be
RED and WHITE !

Fire trucks... in my opinion, should be RED !

:thumb:

Around Lincoln, NE the funeral homes use white, black, and silver. Across the State those are the most common colors. I know of a couple of small town funeral homes that have blue.

The funeral home I work for uses black for the coach and limo and we all like it. Our only discussion are Cadillac vs Lincoln and the manufacture. Between the three of us you get three to five different manufacture opinions. :bonk:

Coach: White
Limo: White
Flower: White
63 Pontiac: White
Police Cars: White
Ice Cream: White

Hope That i am not caught in a rut...

Oh what will be driven today?

1979 M/M Traditional Landau Combination Black

2000 Eagle Elite Electric Table White/White Crown

2002 Eureka Manual Table Navy Blue/White Crown

2004 Eagle Elite Electric Table Black/Black Crown

2005 Eagle Elite Electric Table Platinum/Chicago Gray Crown

2005 Eagle Elite Electric Table Silver/ Silver Crown

I like ALL of them!

I'm hoping Tony Karsnia will post the photos.

I always liked the color of this S&S Lincoln from Akes Family funeral home in Riverside, CA.

Terry

Attachments

• Akes001.jpg
    Akes001.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 161
Pro Car color pref.

Black in all cases, tough to keep clean but well worth the effort when done correctly. When the question comes up, Cadillac in all cases too.

Back