What a great meet....

We head for Albany..........

Coming out of the Flint meet we head for Albany as the new Professional Car Society: Reborn - Renewed - Reinvigorated. I can't wait to get on Dan Herrick's turf and give him a hard time!!:) Dan and his folks have a great time planned for us and I am sure he will give us a run for the claim at "best meet of the decade!"

A great time was had by me and everyone that was there as all have posted already! I'm so glad to see that we have gotten things back in line and in a forward position for the club. After the web site split, I remained pretty quite and neutral (as one member said, i was just out there on Jeremy island minding my own buisness) and posted only a couple times on each site till some resolve was made in the society. We all met face to face! This week rumors were quelled, everyone seen and heard one another’s views on the society, opinions and thoughts shared and agreements and choices were made to better the society as a whole. The board meeting was very civil and very long but everyone was cooperating on the issues at hand. Although everyone didn't vote the same on all the issues and some items voted on and or discussed didn't go the way some may have wanted them to but everyone walked out of that meeting Thursday night with a renewed faith, trust, peace, outlook and confidence about this society and what it was about! I myself felt as if I just came out of a long black dark tunnel and was back in the clear and light with so much of a load and burden released off this club! I to had became very discouraged over the past year as I was one of the ridiculed over some of the issues that had happened, and honestly I was prepared for the worst that could happen this past week. Me being kicked out, or even worse, the total demise of the Professional Car Society. Something I don't know if I could have handled or not if it had happened. But, when I arrived in Flint Monday evening the atmosphere wasn't what I had anticipated at all. All was calm, everyone was happy, everyone was talking, hanging out with one another and having a fantastic time. And after the BoD meeting, the atmosphere was even better! Like I said I had a great time and really hated to see it end. But as a team we can all work together in unity after this weeks meet and move this society forward!!!

Thanks go to Brady, Kim, Russ, James, Janet, Rick, the BoD, PCS officers and to all who were involved in making this meet what it was!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Well said, Jeremy. I think any member that took the time to be aware would have to agree with your observations. The club showed a unity of desire and purpose that should send a message that we value this group and we are willing to work to preserve it. (I'll step down off my soapbox now.)

Well, me and Christie just got home about 20 minutes ago, and we are exhausted! I need another vacation just to recooperate. The meet was fantastic and as Jeremy said the atmosphere was alot nicer than expected. I was told by a few members that this is what the old meets were like back in the day, everyone talked to everyone! I think we accomplished alot in the long board meeting, but now we can continue to get the PCS back on track.
It was great to put even more faces with names of people we have talked to here for years. It was great to meet Tom McPherson, he helped fill in a couple gaps in my cars history.

Thanks goes out to Brady Smith and the rest of his crew for putting on such a great event, too bad it had to end.

Great Meet

I just want to echo what everyone else has already said. First of all my sincere thanks to Brady, Kim, and all the members of the Mid Michigan chapter for making my first international a truely memorable and totally enjoyable experience ! For everyone who was not able to be there I can honestly say that we should all be very proud of our board of directors and our elected and appointed officers. These people had some very difficult issues to deal with, and they did so in a very professional and constructive manor. Like the others have said, I came away feeling as if they have postured this organization to move forward in a positive direction. To Rick Duffy, it's a shame Major Bowes went off the air. With a little work I honestly think that unicycle thing has potential ! The only part I didn't understand was an incident that happened in the parking lot after the banquet. I ran into this guy from Florida in a dark suit with an accent. He kept saying something about a horses head and swimming with the fishes. I suspect maybe he was with the SPCA or something !

Well, I'm finally back here to post. Oh, yeah, we made it home Sunday evening with no problems on the trip whatsoever, but I worked yesterday and didn't have any time to get on here, so now I can post.

We had a GREAT time at the meet! It was great to see everyone we enjoy spending time with from the PCS every year, and it was great to meet new people I'd never met (notably, Richard Vyse - believe me, folks, if you think he's wild & crazy here, wait till you meet him in person!!! ;)).

More than 70 great cars in attendance - I'll have my LIST hopefully by the end of the day. All the cars were great to see, and there were some new ones and some surprises (like the blue & brown '38 Silver-Knightstown Packard carved-side hearse from a local funeral home :eek: ).

As Tony indicated, we had a very productive Board meeting. True, it was a little long and hard on the a$$, but we made it through. Nobody got thrown out, nobody got mad, and we moved forward. We had problems this past year, but this week was the time to put those problems behind us and start working again toward improving the club. Best of all, for those of us who visit here frequently, was the decision to make this site the official website of the PCS. Finally! For many folks, the PCS website is the PCS.

Thank you to everyone who voted for me for the Board - I'm honored to serve and look forward to working as a Board member on moving forward. I'll do the best I can.

Dad had a great time, too, as did Pate the Puppy! We all thank the meet committee for putting on a great meet and selecting a great venue for a car show!

Best of all is the people, I can't say often enough how much fun it is to spend time with your friends - until 2am!

My photos to be posted soon.

And we're already looking forward to Albany, NY, for the 2010 International Meet! :D

Flint was great!

Many thanks to Brady and all for the work they put into making sure we had a great time in Flint. This was my first International Meet. It will not be my last. Now if I can just remember all the faces, names and cars that go together. It was really good to meet the people whose postings here I have read for some time now. The 61 MM ran well and got 12mpg doing it. Yes, I double checked the numbers.
Now I have to sort through all the pictures I took.
My thanks to all on the board for getting us back on track.
Mike

Hi folks, just a quickie to add our thanks to Brady, Kim and all the gang for their hard work but mostly to thank all of you for yet another tumultuous welcome. We have just done the Ford museum and Denise wants to know when she wiil see something other than cars!!! To be fair we did see a great horse drawn hearse in the museum and I won't mention the Disney store in the mall last night (oops, I just did!!). :eek: Off to the Greenfield village tomorrow and home on Friday (sorry to those already back to work). Once again, many thanks to all our old friends, and to our many new ones a pleasure meeting you all. To hell with politics, here's to people power. Good luck to the new officers. Here's to next year.

Hi folks, just a quickie to add our thanks to Brady, Kim and all the gang for their hard work but mostly to thank all of you for yet another tumultuous welcome. We have just done the Ford museum and Denise wants to know when she wiil see something other than cars!!! To be fair we did see a great horse drawn hearse in the museum and I won't mention the Disney store in the mall last night (oops, I just did!!). :eek: Off to the Greenfield village tomorrow and home on Friday (sorry to those already back to work). Once again, many thanks to all our old friends, and to our many new ones a pleasure meeting you all. To hell with politics, here's to people power. Good luck to the new officers. Here's to next year.

We really enjoyed having you here for the Carnation Meet as well Jon. You need to return next year so Denise can get her 2010 mug.

I had such a good time in Flint! Knowing so many of you online all this time it was great to finally meet in person. Being my first International meet ever I was so impressed to read your nametags & finally put a face with a name, shake your hand, & have a few laughs. Special thanks to Ron Devies, Mike Stevens, Sarah Snook, John Royark, Paul Steinberg, Richard Vyse, Jeremy Goberg, and countless others that made me feel welcome & taking the time to hang out at the hotel & concourse show field. Oh... and thanks Brady for your words months ago "If you come to Flint I guarantee you'll have a great time!"... mission accomplished, it was a great time. I was amazed to see that parking lot totally lined down BOTH sides with hearses & ambulances. Thanks to Aaron Greene for being my "coach caravan" buddy for the trip up & back, and sharing his host hotel room. Glad you all got a good laugh out of our "driveshaft rebuild" in the hotel parking lot on Aaron's '66 Pontiac Superior... and a final thanks for not trashing my mag wheels LOL!!!!!

3828510133_393bdf8634.jpg

2009 Meet in Flint

I am happy to hear everyone had a great time. It was nice to meet all the people that I have e-mailed or talked with on the phone over the years. This being my first meet, I didn't know what to expect. When Sunday arrived, it was a let down. Everyone was leaving and I had to go back to my real job.

I just wanted to thank everyone who volunteered to help me; especially Dale and Betty Cole and Bee Hamlin. I had quite a lot of people that helped out with various events, in the hospitality suite, and at the banquet (Mary and Sandy).

I can't wait until next year's meet. Dan, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. It is so much work, but worth the time and effort you put into it.

as stated Rick you can renew your membership. Kandy and I just got home tonight. looks like we get the hard luck award for the trip home as we lost the tranny in the 86 some were in min. drove from Worthington mn to Michelle Sd in second gear at about 55 mph. the next day all we had was first and reverse. lucky Dad was in rout with the Ridgeline and the trailer so the 86 became a trailer Queen for the last leg of the trip. it's now safe in the hands of Frame's Garage in Whitewood Sd for a complete going threw of the tyranny. close to the newest car they and the one that brakes down. the way my year has been going. but we had a great time. I will agree with Jeramie it started with the slow who is going to jump me looks and ended with hugs and good buys see you next year. the board meeting went smooth. Rick really did step up to the plate. I'll tell you the mosquitoes at Braides garage are big but then so is the garage. it's not every set up that has two show rooms in it and a dance hall. meet a lot of people that I had not. seen a lot of things we had not. the meet was a success for us in more ways then I can say. hats off the the crew and there head man. good job. but I toughed it out and went to the fire trucks you lazy bones missed something not to mention the 1000 yard birds that gave they life to keep us going at MMR. plus the 8 mile code 3 run. I got to watch from the front the line of lights and the noise was behind me. I'll get the pictures and video I took up tomorrow. but thanks one and all be being the people I have gotten to know and love. my faith in each of you is restored. I can truly say I'm proud to be a member of the PCS along with all of you.

as stated Rick you can renew your membership. Kandy and I just got home tonight. looks like we get the hard luck award for the trip home as we lost the tranny in the 86 some were in min. drove from Worthington mn to Michelle Sd in second gear at about 55 mph. the next day all we had was first and reverse. lucky Dad was in rout with the Ridgeline and the trailer so the 86 became a trailer Queen for the last leg of the trip. it's now safe in the hands of Frame's Garage in Whitewood Sd for a complete going threw of the tyranny. close to the newest car they and the one that brakes down. the way my year has been going. but we had a great time. I will agree with Jeramie it started with the slow who is going to jump me looks and ended with hugs and good buys see you next year. the board meeting went smooth. Rick really did step up to the plate. I'll tell you the mosquitoes at Braides garage are big but then so is the garage. it's not every set up that has two show rooms in it and a dance hall. meet a lot of people that I had not. seen a lot of things we had not. the meet was a success for us in more ways then I can say. hats off the the crew and there head man. good job. but I toughed it out and went to the fire trucks you lazy bones missed something not to mention the 1000 yard birds that gave they life to keep us going at MMR. plus the 8 mile code 3 run. I got to watch from the front the line of lights and the noise was behind me. I'll get the pictures and video I took up tomorrow. but thanks one and all be being the people I have gotten to know and love. my faith in each of you is restored. I can truly say I'm proud to be a member of the PCS along with all of you.

Sorry about your tranny Ed but nice to see you back on the board.

hay it got us back to SD. they were a weak point in that car anyway. just think with it rebuilt to better then new I'll never have to worry about it again. I had a man tell me one time it's miles not years that wear out a car. most of these lost the tranny at around 40,000. It was right on time. but still I have brought cars that ran good for less then this is going to cost. one saving grace was Kandy was driving so she can't say I broke her car. ;)

Tranny

Just think Ed, if you hadn't logged all those miles hauling those good looking young babes around the building that tranny might have lasted all the way home !:p

Hard Luck Award

He you guyz!!:thumbsup:

As some of you know ... and others don't, Mr. Bill Wright awarded me the HARD LUCK award (he earlier won) following the Light and Siren Show!

As it turned out, I believe that I was honking the Q so much that it took crucial power away from the fan... causing the engine to overheat and the resulting liquid emergency from anti-freeze gushing out of the overflow reservoir.:eek:

At this point, I may have to turn in the Hard Luck Award to resolve some judging matters... BUT IF I DON'T...

ED RENSTROM should be this years' recipient!:D

Yes... that's right Greg... I thought of giving it to you Sunday morning... after you lost your brakes! How'd that turn out anyway?:confused:

ED, before you rebuild the tranny, double check that it's not the Governor Gear... a simple plastic part that will resolve the matter of shifting.

I experienced the same thing with the '73, driving her home from HOTlanta back in 2005.

Fortunately, we found a tranny shop open on Saturday morning in Buckhannon, WV. The guy was awesome, (accidentally) HAD the part and charged me $89 bucks for the whole deal.

THANK YOU ALL for your support of me as (acting VP) and for getting the Society moving again!

Onward and Upward!

Rick

"If you don't stand for something...
You will fall for anything!"

ED,
Sorry to hear about the tranny. I guess this is the last time you take me up on the invite to my house, if you didnt stop you may have made it all the way home:eek: Thats ok, after you left, I moved the daily driver (91 M-M Lincoln Paramount for those that dont know) I popped a brake line. Not anywhere near as bad a situation as yours, but Im glad it did it at home instead of a sudden stop on the highway.

Or make sure it is not the modulator like was in my case. When fluid got low it refused to shift out of second and ate tranny fluid. Changed the modulator and no issues all the way home! But perhaps they did not use these on your type and year of car.

PCSFlintTrip059.jpg

the man I have it dropped off to is the kind that will check it out, fix it if he can. only overhaul it if it's necessary. he knows all the tricks and I can trust him to do me right. can't ask more them that. mean while the price on Jim's repair just keeps going up and up. "just kidding Jim".

Hard Luck

Thanks for the thoughts on the brake line Rick. I honestly kind of felt like the good Lord was looking out for us, as it couldn't have broke at a more opportuned location. The mechanic had us up and on the road in a couple of hours and "Goldie" ran flawlessly for us all the way home. Just one more thing to thank Brady and his committe for. Having qualified mechanics available all week. I did worry about you and John getting home OK with a faulty cooling system. Glad to hear it was nothing serious !

Back