Wanted 1938 Packard Henney Rear Side Glass Windows

I am in search of both rear side windows like the one pictured...
Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230928_131500_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230928_131500_Gallery.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 13
Do you have one of the glasses still or are they gone. It's a flat glass easily cut at a glass shop. The grommets are the hard part. If yours are still there soaking them in wd-40 will soften up the rubber were you may be able to use them.

Thanks for your reply! My car has regular flat glass in it with no decoration and I appreciate the wd-40 tip. The windows I hope to find actually have beveling. I have attached a photo that shows the beveling around the lines if you look closely. I know it's a long shot to find originals but thought I'd try before I decide to make or have them made. There are many different variation of Henney Rear windows as far as design goes and they are all beautiful. Once I learn a little more about them, I'd love to start a discussion on them for others as there isn't really any info that I can find.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230928_131414_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230928_131414_Gallery.jpg
    971.3 KB · Views: 10
M guess is you would need to get into the 20s to find the lead crystal beveled glass. I seen it but never on a car as new as yours. By 38 it was all safty plate.

I have been in discussion with a couple fellas from Packardinfo and they believe it's flat glass with etchings in the inside to simulate the beveling. Looking closer to the pic, it does appear that way.

Back