still looking, keeping my head up though....

Donna,
Welcome to the site. I didn't know what I was doing when I bought my National, I just knew I liked it and wanted it. I figured that "how hard could it be" as I restored a few regular Chevrolets in the past. Well, procars ar a whole different breed I found out. One of the best decisions I've made, other that marrying my wife and buying the National, was to join PCS. Everything I have learned about procars, of all types, came from my being a member. Though I'm remote from most of the members in my locale I feel that they are always there to lend a hand and advice. Every part that I've needed came about because of my membership.

On you search: take your time, listen to the advice given here (most have all been there where you are), stay in contact and the right rig will happen.

Happy hunting.

Other than the 1938 Buick Series 90 Sedan Ambulance I bought for $200.00 from and converted by our Local Fire Department when I was 15 (1962) and didn't even now what a "pro-car" was..... and a 1964 S&S-Cadillac Park Row Combination and a 1965 Superior-Cadillac Crown Combination that I bought in 1980 from a Retired Funeral Director who moved his family to (CA) from Oklahoma in them... the first REAL Pro-Car I bought after belonging to the National PCS a few years without one was.... the 1973 S&S-Cadillac Medic Mark-I Ambulance "Bruce-B" has now and I bought thru the Lange Brothers from Canada just a few weeks before the PCS National Convention in Minneapolis. By then I had already collected and restored several CROWN Fire Engines. I was VERY picky and ONLY wanted one that was in near perfect original condition, painted red and white (to match our fire engines) and had to have belonged to a Fire Department when new. That criteria took over a year of wasted time and dead-ends. I then started looking at the classified ads from (OLD) PCS Newsletters I had saved from yaers before. I found a few that had good possibilities and wrote each of the owners a letter to see if their cars were still for sale. One of the Lange Brothers wrote back and said the one they represented from a friend in Canada was. After some detailed pictures and a VERY HONEST and STRAIGHT FORWARD condition report was mailed to me (before e-mail days), we consumated the deal within a week or so including having them deliver it to the Minneapolis PCS Convention with just 37,932 (original) miles on the odometer. MM

I didn't have a car either when I joined. I think one of the reasons that I joined this site was to gain the knowledge I needed to make an informed decision about what car to buy. The people on this site are great, just ask them, LOL. I had a lot of help from these folks when I finally found my car. They gave me really good advice and support and helped me realize that I was making the right decision for me. :1:

I did not have a car either but I had worked out of Cadillac and Oldsmobile Ambulances I knew that I wanted a Hightop from the 70's I became Vice president and Then President of The Michigan Chapter (Formerly Mid Michigan)
and Now am The President of The MotorCity Chapter + I have a 1971 Cadillac M-M Lifeliner Ambulance. Dont think You wont find one You will it just takes time
Good Luck in Your Search

Russ

Back