Seat belts in historical vehicles...

limo jump seats

my 1968 limo has two jump seats with no seat belts did they ever supply those seats with seat belts later on in the years I don't let the kids use those seats with out belts If I got in a wreck I don't want any one of the kids going through the windsheild ( I hear form the posts that the windshelds are expesive to replace after kids fly through them:D)

only as many passengers as seat belts

After too many passengers flying out of the back of pickup trucks and ejected from backseats and car trunks( yes the trunk they were riding in) when they had MVC's and rolled, Ontario put in a new rule that you can only have as many passengers as seatbelts
The IH has lapbelts in front, and belts on the stretcher but I want to add them to the jump seat so I can have an "attendant" in the back.....
We used to get folks impaled on the big old pull switches old cars used to have on their dashes when I first started ambulance in the 70's so I like shoulder belts myself... hate to hit that giant IH steering wheel too...

rescue truck

Brendan, it's a rescue squad truck, not an ambulance. Nonetheless, here's a "before" photo of it at Jeff's shop.

Which was used as an ambulance by carrying a stretcher between the rear side seats until they purchased a "real" ambulance. I suspect those patients who were transported in it considerd it an ambulance at the time.

Back