Sad Pro-Cars

jailbusters

I believe we shall soon put to rest the destruction of the jailbusters person. The 1968 ambulance sold recently on ebay, hopefully to a good home, for $4300, I have the 1975 which will be repaired, and Ed Renstrom did the silver hearse. That leaves a rough 70s ghostbusters version, a 1972 Superior high-top in blue and red that was sold off/missing some years ago, and anything else?

Would make a cool rod if saved and finished but as a procar this brings a tear to my eye. BTW: its a 54 Pontiac - unkn coach builder.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 627
Would make a cool rod if saved and finished but as a procar this brings a tear to my eye. BTW: its a 54 Pontiac - unkn coach builder.

Ohhhhhh Rocky, this baby looks to be right up your alley. Most of the work is already done. I'll bet you could really turn it into something very hot!!!

1966 Miller Meteor Paramount Cadillac

Some pics I took of this coach behind a funeral home in Alabama.

attachment.php

Ohhhhhh Rocky, this baby looks to be right up your alley. Most of the work is already done. I'll bet you could really turn it into something very hot!!!

it a 53 national. no sedan delivery in 54 but the tail lights were the same shape. the doors are square on the national was the only one that did them that way

I believe we shall soon put to rest the destruction of the jailbusters person. The 1968 ambulance sold recently on ebay, hopefully to a good home, for $4300, I have the 1975 which will be repaired, and Ed Renstrom did the silver hearse. That leaves a rough 70s ghostbusters version, a 1972 Superior high-top in blue and red that was sold off/missing some years ago, and anything else?

There was a total 8 jailbuster cars a 73 m&m hightop ghostbuster clone, a 76 superior 54xl, a 73 superior 54 that's now a parts car, the 75 54 you have, the 68 that just sold on eBay an 80 s&s hearse, the 73 S&S combo Ed owned, and a 67 or 68 m&m hearse that also recently sold on eBay. The 75 54 superior and 68 were owned by a different person in the company. The other cars got sold because the owner of the company was doing some bad business and they had to sell his assets. Sadly he ended his life soon after he went to jail.

Post #273 Criterion Extra Rear Tunnel lights question

Does that Criterion has an extra set of tunnel lights at the rear?

Jean-Marc, now that you mention it, I see a pair of tunnel/add-on lights right at the bottom of the roof/top of the quarter panel about in the middle outside on the rear side of that vehicle.....I wonder what those are all about....I don't think that there factory add-ons......what do you think, Richard, or anyone else, for that matter?? :stars:

They appear to me to be Superior roof lights that have been added to the car after delivery. It is possible that they were added at the factory, however, in my opinion, not probable.. Would need to see a "as delivered" picture to know for certain when they were added..
The 43-year-old company is one of two licensed ambulance companies in Lima with 60 full- and part-time employees and 10 ambulances. It provides service within the 10-county area surrounding Lima. None of that will change, Smith said.
Source: redOrbit (http://s.tt/16XfH)

attachment.php

Hilltop Salvage (Sapulpa, OK)
1951 S/C military ambulance

30 years ago, Hauf's had 67 acres chock full of great iron - some dating to the '20s - including a dozen or so procars. The place is now 99% cleared out and the property is for sale:

Hauf's Auto Salvage (Stillwater, OK)
1939 Flxible/LaSalle combination

(SL photos from over 30 years ago)

Attachments

• 1951 SC Hilltop Sapulpa.jpg
    1951 SC Hilltop Sapulpa.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 638
  • 1939 LaSalle Hauf.jpg
    1939 LaSalle Hauf.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 647
Last edited:
Individual (Broken Arrow, OK)
1949 Henney combination

Individual (Enterprise, OK)
1952 Flxible w/intact, but worn, interior

(SL photos, 1997)

Attachments

• 1949 Henney BA.jpg
    1949 Henney BA.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 663
  • 1952 Flxible Enterprise.jpg
    1952 Flxible Enterprise.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 653
They appear to me to be Superior roof lights that have been added to the car after delivery. It is possible that they were added at the factory, however, in my opinion, not probable.. Would need to see a "as delivered" picture to know for certain when they were added..

attachment.php

Parked in front of the old CW Coach co, and the Hubcap Daddy of Cincinnatti....

A couple in Southern Iowa..

photostream

photostream

I found the ambulance off of a highway in a small salvage yard and unfortunately no one was home at the time. I discovered the unique (and rare in Iowa) flower car at a repair shop by the community of Creston. The license plate on the back states it was last registered in 1976 and was licensed as a truck. Have more photos of both cars on my Flickr site.

Back