Ron's 1964 Cadillac Superior Combination has a new home..

new ownership

Russell,
Congrats on getting Ron's 64 Superior. I can feel the sellers remorse clear down here. This 64 is a beauty and in good hands. Thank you for posting the pictures.
Mike

HaHaHa Inducing Panic

You know I am struggling with some seller remorse right now. But the fat girl will be a great addition and one of two 64s made the only sense of ones to go. Russ's new car is definitely the prettier of the two with all that shiny chrome and that big Q under the hood. Jim Tighe's blue 64 is definitely the better running of the two. I bought Russ's car last October and had not had a chance to address some of the things it needed like some mechanical issues and tires. The blue one has had everything addressed except the upholstery.
So here is where it get's funny, I knew Russ wanted that car and I also know of two people that want the blue car. One would have bought it from Jim Tighe if I passed. So when THAT guy saw the post "Russ bought Ron's 64 combo" well they almost had to call 911 and then he would have haunted me the rest of my life.

Russell

How did that happen ? Did you ask to buy it or did he tell you it was for sale ?

CONGRATS on the car !!!

Will you and Barb be driving it to WI in Aug ?

Enjoy the ride,
Darren

Ron

I have 2 '62s and wouldn't sell either one.

I don't get the "Have 2, gotta get rid of one thinking" !

I hope you won't regret it very much.

Russell without a car, now with a car, is fantastic !

Cool,
Darren

Nah

Darren, no it wasn't a matter of well I got two of these and I need to get rid of one. Here is what happened. Before I ended up even owning one car let alone five, I always wanted a car like I worked out of in the day. Now this list included a 73 Superior Regency Combination, a 75 McCoy Miller, a 76 Superior 54XL or a 73 Superior 61" on a Chevy chassis. The closest I got was my 75 Superior 54 minus the XL. Now this car is a twin to what I ran. The only difference is we had a twinsonic on the roof and this has twin 175s, I can live with that. BUT, to make room for it something had to go. The 64 Superior needed the most work so the decision was made that way.

Ron

Keep the dream alive to own all the cars on your list !

It keeps you going and gives you the thrill of the hunt !

Right on... you made another friend happy too !

:thumbsup:

Darren

P.S. I got to hand it to you... you are able to stop at 5 !
That takes a lot of strength... or a wife worth keeping !

Congratulations!

Russell,

That's a perfect example of a 1960's era combination; nicely equipped without being overdone. The factory A/C and rear underfloor stretcher compartment are nice touches, along with that beautiful blue interior. I look forward to seeing this car in person.

Your grandsons don't look overly happy in that picture. That's what happens when you tell young car guys that they're not allowed to take it for a spin...yet.

To answer a few of the questions on here, it's really very simple. I've been familiar with this car for several years. The previous owner Mike Yost worked for me "back in the day", and his son Dan is a good friend of our sons.

When the car became available last year, I told Ron (and may have posted same on here) that "if it were 6 months from now, it would be my car". Fast forward to a week ago last Friday......I get a PM from Ron about finding "Fat Albert", and would I be interested in taking the '64. I sent him a one word reply that looked exactly like this....

ABSOLUTELY!!!

follwed up with a couple more PM's and phone calls where we worked out the details (after I "consulted" ...read pleaded with Barb). And now, you know "the rest of the story".

Zach looked "unhappy" because he just caught hell for having Austin (the little guy) tie the Q open for a spin, scaring hell out of new baby Brandon, and his Mommy who were only 20' away on the tailgate of the pickup.

Seriously doubt we will be going to Milwaukee. Work is so busy, they are being very stingy with vacation time for the next couple months. We are running lots of roofing jobs out east, and can't have guys not working.

BTW, as much "crying" as Ron is doing, I'm gonna have to buy him a whole case of beer, instead of the agreed upon one!!! Sheeeesssshhhh!!!! Sellers remorse!!!

Back