Road Trip

Danny, that's OK that you couldn't get by, another time, perhaps. Glad you got everything fixed and back home.

That would be interesting to know where the gas station was in PA. Do you remember where you were?

In New Jersey, they used to (and I think they still do) require all gas stations be full-serve, they do not permit self-serve. I can't imagine why NJ would outlaw pumping your own gas, but I guess they feel that still needs to be professionally done for some reason. So if you don't want to pump your own gas, go to NJ to fill up!

I left the receipt at work but will get address. Somewhere between williamsport and harrisburg on hwy 11.

Ok boys and girls, tomorrow I will take off again to try to retrieve my wrecker which ended up in Winchester, VA. Hope to get the truck monday and work my way to KY to get the corvette I started for last week when the truck broke. Fun week ahead of me.:071:

Ed is still waiting for you to pick up my car and bring it to South Dakota. He is expecting it to be there before the snow arrives. :goodnight_smi:

you'll have to dig it out of the snow bank at Paul's don't bring any of it out with you. so far we are still dry here. it was 60 on Friday. good luck on this run.

Made the round trip today. Pictures show mode of transportation up till gettting wrecker. Already unloaded again so Cynthia can head back tomorrow and I will head for KY to get the vette. Tried to get another hearse in PA but got outbid on ebay.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 96
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 92
Made it to Louisville, KY now about 400 miles today. While traveling through west virginia I happened to remember the movie We Are Marshall which several of our club members had cars in and some of you may find this comment interesting and some may not but I got to wondering where that place was and I thought it was near huntington, WV.. and as I approached that area saw a sign for Marshall university coming up so thought how neat to go by and see the school. IT was only a few miles from interestate 64 which I was traveling so found with no problem and had a tearful moment and took a few pictures which I will post. Good little side trip.

Attachments

• we are marshall 003.jpg
    we are marshall 003.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 71
  • we are marshall 006.jpg
    we are marshall 006.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 75
  • we are marshall 001.jpg
    we are marshall 001.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 72
Couple more pictures.
Ah, Marshall University in Huntington, WV. I'm a little familiar with that place....

(For those who are new, Danny and I both had ambulances which were used in the movie "We Are Marshall". Here are my ambulances at the stadium in Huntington. The Marshall U. football team, coaches, and supporters were killed in a plane crash November 14, 1970. The movie about the incident was filmed in 2006.)

Attachments

• WAM Huntington 1.jpg
    WAM Huntington 1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 111
Back