PCS Daytona Beach

yes, back to the main subject..........

Shawn, sorry about hijacking your thread. Your ideas are good. Amtrak is expensive, but absolutely wonderful. I have ridden all the way from Chicago to Albuquerque on Amtrak and enjoyed it very much.

Not a problem. I am just hoping someone will take me up on the offer and I will need to know soon so I can book the trip. As far as expense goes, especially with the anticipated price of gas for summer, I think it is a pretty good deal really. Surely there is someone who needs a way down that is not bringing their car. Still have some time, so hopefully someone will step up.

Prices and info:

Okay folks, just got off the phone with the Amtrak Auto Train people. Here is the info at the current time:

Leave Lorton, VA on Sunday, June 17th at 4PM. Would have to be there no later than 2PM as the over-sized vehicles are put on first. So as to not have to be hurried, etc., I would like to drive to Lorton on Saturday and stay overnight there so that all I/we would have to do is get up on Sunday and leisurely drive to the station.

Arrive in Sanford, FL on Monday, June 18th at 9:30AM. Sanford is only 30 miles from Daytona Beach. So, theoretically, we would be at the host hotel easily by 12PM I would think.

I.D. is required to ride the train and you are allowed 2 small carry-on items, not including lap-tops and purses. All carry-on items MAY be subject to a search for your safety.

The train ride is 17.5 hours long, with NO passenger stops.

Price for 2 adults (with AAA membership discount of 10%), coach seating is $880.
That would be $440 for the person who would be going with me.

Price for 3 adults, coach seating would be $1,154.00. That would be $714 for the 2 adults going with me.

Just a sample of prices. If a room is reserved, the price goes up alot. I don't plan on getting a room, would just sit in coach.

Hope this helps. :)

I have already booked my trip down and back. I am going down early to be at Cadillac/LaSalle and returning on Monday after the meet. Just a note that you may wish to book the return trip on Sunday or Monday as I found that Saturday was a lot more expensive. :thumb:

Danny, Richard, etc................is is apparent to me that JEREMY IS JUST NOT PAYING ATTENTION. Maybe he just needs to get hooked on phonics. Earlier in this thread it was plainly stated that $722 was for the round trip. Jeremy then asks, "is that for one-way or a round trip"? Then he asks about a cruise-in.......Richard has made the Daytona plans known for months now. So what are we to do with this boy? I personally think Jeremy needs a distraction..........like a 30 year old, 5'6" 125 lb brunette [or blonde] distraction. Somebody has to know a nice, eligible female out there that can get this boy's head screwed back on straight!?! STOP WITH THE PRO-CAR HUNTS, start checking your church groups and female friends of friends AND LET'S FIND THIS GUY A WOMAN!!!

SWM ISO SWF, must appreciate/understand southern accent/language. Must love pro cars and concrete pig riding.The number to call is BR549

Back