paint color effect on value.

Mike, I agree with others that you should paint your car the color(s) you will enjoy most. It's YOUR car, after all. I tend to like originality, but as has been said before on this board, there are plenty of red & white and orange & white ambulances around. I have one, but it is original. An out of the ordinary color always draws attention to a car and adds interest, in my mind. I think it's a crying shame that many companies of all types these days have given up on having a distinctive color for their vehicles. Excuses such as "it costs more" or "makes resale/trade in more complicated" are lame. Sure our economy is still recovering, but the value that a distinctive paint color/scheme imparts is valuable to a business. Seems that plumbing and HVAC companies in my area still realize this, but I can think of many truck lines, law enforcement agencies, and others that have gone to the generic white w/ some tape stripes plan. A lot of funeral homes have done somewhat the same thing, reverting to a common color of black, white, or some shade of gray/silver when they once had something unique. A f.h. in my area for years ran limousine style hearses in a unique shade of gray that I think was an early 40s Ford color with a slight green cast. Business owners in the old days liked having a distinct look so that when someone saw their vehicle, even at a distance there was no mistaking whose it was. Sorry for my going on so! I think the lime yellow would look good on your Lifeliner, as a lower color, or in the middle for a white/lime/white scheme. It's interesting your car has the GM buckets like a Criterion had. Are those original to your car? I've never seen a power seat in a hightop either-very cool. Your car collection is a trip down memory lane for me with those vibrant 70s paints and upholsteries!

You have a gorgeous collection of colorful cars! I love the WISCO? Pimpmobile, I have wanted a pimpmobile since I was in high school, back in the early Seventies.

Thanks, Bill. Yeah, I've long lusted for a pimped-out Cadillac and I bought this out of, of all places, West Virginia. It's heavily modified and it's quite rare to find a Sedan DeVille, rather than a Coupe DeVille, pimped-out. I think ASC ( American Sunroof Corp) did the modification. I'm certain they did the sunroof.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gUvDPj6fpc[/ame]

After seeing your flicker page I’d vote for painting the Ambulance white over Persian Lime with white leather interior and a green dash board. That green dash board and steering wheel are just too cool!

I would almost guarantee you would have the only Persian Lime ambulance out there however it would only be complete with that blinding green dashboard.

I really respect your car collection and taste in cars. Those are really nice!

I'm sure you've seen Matt Garrett's website? He too has some really clean rare Cadillac's.

http://www.mcsmk8.com/cadillacs/mycads.htm

Mike, I agree with others that you should paint your car the color(s) you will enjoy most. It's YOUR car, after all. I tend to like originality, but as has been said before on this board, there are plenty of red & white and orange & white ambulances around. I have one, but it is original. An out of the ordinary color always draws attention to a car and adds interest, in my mind. I think it's a crying shame that many companies of all types these days have given up on having a distinctive color for their vehicles. Excuses such as "it costs more" or "makes resale/trade in more complicated" are lame. Sure our economy is still recovering, but the value that a distinctive paint color/scheme imparts is valuable to a business. Seems that plumbing and HVAC companies in my area still realize this, but I can think of many truck lines, law enforcement agencies, and others that have gone to the generic white w/ some tape stripes plan. A lot of funeral homes have done somewhat the same thing, reverting to a common color of black, white, or some shade of gray/silver when they once had something unique. A f.h. in my area for years ran limousine style hearses in a unique shade of gray that I think was an early 40s Ford color with a slight green cast. Business owners in the old days liked having a distinct look so that when someone saw their vehicle, even at a distance there was no mistaking whose it was. Sorry for my going on so! I think the lime yellow would look good on your Lifeliner, as a lower color, or in the middle for a white/lime/white scheme. It's interesting your car has the GM buckets like a Criterion had. Are those original to your car? I've never seen a power seat in a hightop either-very cool. Your car collection is a trip down memory lane for me with those vibrant 70s paints and upholsteries!

Thanks, John. I agree that the play it safe philosophy when it comes to paint colors/interiors has taken a lot of fun and uniqueness out of the car collecting hobby. I guess I'm drawn to out of the ordinary paint/interiors and the 70's represented the height of wild and garish expression.
I also like the white/color/white suggestions. It creates fun and interest without being overpowering.
Thanks to all the members for sharing their expertise and advice.

After seeing your flicker page I’d vote for painting the Ambulance white over Persian Lime with white leather interior and a green dash board. That green dash board and steering wheel are just too cool!

I would almost guarantee you would have the only Persian Lime ambulance out there however it would only be complete with that blinding green dashboard.

I really respect your car collection and taste in cars. Those are really nice!

I'm sure you've seen Matt Garrett's website? He too has some really clean rare Cadillac's.

http://www.mcsmk8.com/cadillacs/mycads.htm

James.
Thanks for the link to Matt Garrett's collection. I wasn't aware he had a website but I long lusted after a 1975 Black Oldsmobile Delta 88 convertible with SUPER low miles ( less than 100?)that he sold not too long ago. Having said that, I drool over the Olds Toronado he has in the collection.
You and Garrett have good taste !

James.
Thanks for the link to Matt Garrett's collection. I wasn't aware he had a website but I long lusted after a 1975 Black Oldsmobile Delta 88 convertible with SUPER low miles ( less than 100?)that he sold not too long ago. Having said that, I drool over the Olds Toronado he has in the collection.
You and Garrett have good taste !

Yes most of Matt’s cars are new in wrapper collectible cars with no / low miles which are VERY rare. His collection is really nice and he has a few cars I appreciate.

Here is the Olds you were referring to

75OLDS-01.JPG

Here is the image page www.mcsmk8.com/75-OLDS/75-OLDS.html

Hypothetical question, would you trade your ambulance for one of those cars? (the Tornado or the Olds convertible)

Hypothetical question, would you trade your ambulance for one of those cars? (the Tornado or the Olds convertible)

As a unique collectable, a Cadillac hightop ambulance has " WOW" power. I'd never say never but I'm very fond of the tall, slow and oh-so-majestic Lifeliner.

Back