PA25 and PA100 Speakers with M-M/C-B Base

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I just acquired 2 PA25 speakers and 1 PA100 speaker, all with the slanted M-M/C-B bases. I will get these cleaned up and post photos...... when I get to it. I am asking $250 for the pair of PA25s, and $125 for the single PA100. I don't want to sell the PA25s individually. PM me if interested.

Yenni,
Are you wanting them for the '73 C-B that you just purchased? The reason for my asking is because they are right/left specific bases for a 2-speaker set up. Your speaker would apparently have a single speaker center-configured base. I only have 1 spare M-M/C-B base available which would be for the right side. Just let me know what you are thinking on these. I have many of the speakers available, but just the one M-M/C-B base.

Yes I am, I want to run a twin speaker set up on it. Similar to the picture below. I like the angle of the speakers in the picture that's what I am trying to achieve. Note that they look slanted a bit. Is that how they go? Because others I have seen point straight forward like mine currently does.

2014-10-09%2009.41.51_zpstr2gegjn.jpg

Yes I am, I want to run a twin speaker set up on it. Similar to the picture below. I like the angle of the speakers in the picture that's what I am trying to achieve. Note that they look slanted a bit. Is that how they go? Because others I have seen point straight forward like mine currently does.

2014-10-09%2009.41.51_zpstr2gegjn.jpg

Is it safe to assume that they have swapped the left base with the right base to get the outward pointed speakers?? One of the 2 Steves must have the answer.

Yenni,
Post a close-up photo of the cone on the PA25 speaker that is currently on your car. I will try to match what you have. Also, pop off the speaker that is on your car and let me know what the casting number is on the very bottom of the mounting base.

I am asking Kevin Lynch for the answer we are looking for, maybe he has an answer for us. He's the man to talk to since he owns the ambulance with the angled speakers.

My thoughts on the speakers

Yenni: You may know that the photo of the very active roof line is that of my 74 MM Criterion that is now owned by J-E-M-S publisher AJ Heightman. I put those CP speakers on and I had to aim them they way you see them or they would have been aiming straight down the windshield. I'd prefer to have them straight but I didn't have the right pedestals. In the long run I thought it looked pretty cool.
Kurt is a wealth of knowledge and will provide accurate information.
Good luck!

I am assuming, then, that Kevin had 2 single center-mount bases?? Couldn't have been a right and a left swapped and couldn't have been 2 rights or 2 lefts. I do not have any bases that would have been for a single center-mounted spreaker..... only right and left side mounted.

This is the very first that I have heard of anyone having reproduced them. Was it posted on this site? There have been several people posting on this site stating that they were in need of them (Richard Vyse, Yenni, etc.) and no one has ever replied stating that you had them available.

Last edited:
There ya go Yenni! If you want your 2 speakers to point outward, just buy 2 of Kevin's center-mount speaker bases and that should give you the effect that you are looking for!

I now have 2 pair of the slanted M-M/C-B speaker bases. I would like to keep 1 pair, just to make sure that I will never own a rig that needs them. I am willing to sell the other pair(1 right & 1 left) with 2 CP100 speakers for the price offered previously of $250. Just let me know if you are interested.

Back