"Not in Service" sign in window

life living with kids. they also don't know how to fix anything if you can't do it on the computer it can't be done. but to answer the question no the ghostbusters things does not stop get use to it get a thick hide or sell the car.
even a Hearse painted black is a ghostbusters car. I just say nope wrong year wrong car.
rev iced a call from a friend in another state trying to get the caddy wheel covers on his car. he stated that he had taken the car to 3 different tire shops and no one could figure out how to put the wheel covers on. he had the right wheel weights on his car. we were able to talk him threw it on the phone. some of them were vary difficult to put back on.

Tire Shops

the youngsters also have no concept of what a fender skirt is. See what happens when you ask for left hand lug nuts for Cragar mag Wheels.:eek:

Pennsylvania HP

I was hassled by the Pennsylvania HP last year headed to New Jersey. According to them, "Absolutely no way" could I drive my '66 Cadillac Combo in their state with that evil red beacon on top - until they abruptly left on another more serious matter...

about that 'Gho______' thing

If you get are a member or somehow get to see the current issue of the Cadillac LaSalle Club magazine you will see my letter about Ghostbuster coaches. My comments where spurred by an article they did a few months ago. But we all know there will never be a stop on the Ghos_____ comments. It is just one more of the things we need to educate the public about.
Mike

I was hassled by the Pennsylvania HP last year headed to New Jersey. According to them, "Absolutely no way" could I drive my '66 Cadillac Combo in their state with that evil red beacon on top - until they abruptly left on another more serious matter...
Matt, as I live near PA, I drive my ambulances there all the time. Never, ever, been stopped by a PA Trooper, and I've seen plenty..........

......it must just be you! ;)

I was at the Chrysler Convention in Vernon CT this past weekend, and there was a police car from the 1970's there, that the owner was removing the red and blue lenses from the light bar. He got ticketed a few years ago for being on the cell phone while driving, and got a rash about the car from a CT state trooper. I was parked next to a 2009 Dodge police car from the CT State Police, and I asked the troopers if there was a problem with my driving the car with the lights exposed. The all said the same thing.. No problem as long as you don't use them on the street. It seems that it is up to the individual and the state where you are. My friends in NJ are now saying that they State Police don't like retired police vehicles, unless they are extremely old, and obviously out of service, and that the same goes for other retired emergency vehicles. He also said that a lot has changed in the last 2 years, and that they are backing down from hassling all the old public service vehicles.
PS.... I won 1st Place in the Public Service Vehicle Class... :thumbsup:

signs, pictures and...

I guess we could put signs up for just about every occasion and trip. If the law in whatever state you are in WANTS to hassle you they will...sign or no sign. Just make sure your lights are not on.
Some people will read the 'Out of Service' sign and figure it does not apply to their situation.
As for the baby thing I have that down. My son was born at home 31 years ago.
When I went looking for pictures today I found out where all the snapshots go after people get your pic on the road. The pics are sent to Flickr and youtube. I found over a dozen pictures of my car in places I didn't remember being. Parking lots, hiways, and roadside travel service areas. I am sure there are more.
This should cover just about everything in this thread.
Mike

hey look, GHOSTBUSTERS!

If I hear that one more time I'm gonna get window stickers made up like this:

no-ghostbusters-logo.jpg

No problem as long as you don't use them on the street. PS.... I won 1st Place in the Public Service Vehicle Class... :thumbsup:

Congrats on the award Paul, you do have a nice ambulance even if it is not orange.
This is the exact reason I had covers for my lights just to be on the safe side and as far as not using them on the streets, does this mean my "TURTLE" and "HUB-CAP" saving days are over? :mad:

20 year olds in a tire shop probably have never seen wheel covers, or hub caps, and have never gotten any training on them. It also took several minutes for the guy to find "the rubber hammer thing" to put the wheel cover on. But they do know how to answer the phone - that they get training on.

Not so funny story from my friends dad: He had taken his wifes car (a Ford Taurus, I think) to get something done to the tire. The pit crew wannabe kid in the shop zipped off all 4 or 5 "lug nuts" of one wheel before the acrid smell of burning plastic reached his nose and he came to the realization that he was about to purchase them a brand new PLASTIC hubcap...:eek:

I know in many states you can apply for an emergency light permit for you vehicle.

In some states the department of motor vehicles will not be the way to go, you have to go through the actual state office were code enforcement is handled. They have codes for all types of vehicles with lighting and their requirements from simple vehicles that put signs out on the road to emergency vehicles and volunteer vehicles.

Under the application they usually ask what the purpose of the permit is for and list options such as LEO, emergency first responder, volunteer fire / EMS and the last option is often “other”

Here under “other” you can list your vehicle as an emergency vehicle that is used for show / display that also doubles as a back-up emergency unit that is occasionally used for road side emergencies / assistance.

The person in the government office will almost always send the application through without giving it any though and you will get issued a permit based on this allowing for use of the lights and siren under such circumstances.

When / if you get the permit you place the special sticker in the windshield and keep a hard copy along with your registration. This will allow you to have the emergency lights and use them accordingly to the law. (Misusing them is an entirely different matter) At least if you are stopped and hassled by any trooper regarding your lights even if not in use you can point out your vehicle is licensed and registered with a permit for having such lights.

People like Richard can then use his rig in a natural emergency when additional ambulances are needed, such as in the case of an air disaster like the crash of the Delta flight in Dallas, were there wee hundreds of ambulances lined up. (this is where the back up EMV comes into play)

It’s a fine line and this is another reason on the application for people like Richard who likes saving Turtles you need to put on the application at the end “& road side emergencies / assistance

A lawyer can help defend this as it’s such a general description that even saving a turtle can be classified as a roadside emergency / hazard to other drivers and that the driver was on the way to get the vehicle serviced for an upcoming show when he was called into action. ;)

Back