New Ecto is an S&S Victoria!

Wonder if the poor design and effort on this car is reflective of the budget we will see on this film?

In Texas... on Ebay...

This "interesting" car and color scheme turned up on Ebay days ago, with an interesting ending to the ad:
"She is the same model has (sic) the Ecto 1 in the new Ghostbusters movie and can be easily converted into a replica of the new Ecto 1..."

Attachments

• sick 83.jpg
    sick 83.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 258
Hey ,those are the same lights I have on my front walkway up to the house !!:D
I think they look better on my walkway then on the front of that hearse :eek:

Even someone who doesn't know professional cars, should have had the design sensibility to not have left those landau bars black. Botched it. :rolleyes:

I have seen a lot of actors who get very upset when people dwell on crappy movies they made,add to that list these four.the more crappy tid- bits they release the bigger the bomb will be,

And we went from awesome actors in flight-suits to the most unattractive annoying actresses in garbage man or tow truck driver suits. This is going to be a huge disaster. The last picture made me vomit a little afterwards pounding bourbon to try and forget it.

And we went from awesome actors in flight-suits to the most unattractive annoying actresses in garbage man or tow truck driver suits. This is going to be a huge disaster. The last picture made me vomit a little afterwards pounding bourbon to try and forget it.

Dont insult tow truck drivers! I wear an OSHA approved reflectorized safety shirt & pants!

I know that this is not the craigslist forum, but, since we are talking about this car... http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5086945399.html ...I guess we know what the reserve price is now... also, $7,500 seems like a lot for this one.

Would one of the many experts on this site please say definitively what year the new ghostbusters coach is? This article states that it is a 1989: "The new Ecto-1, a 1989 Cadillac Brougham (you can tell by the grille)..."

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/entertainment/news/a26018/new-ghostbusters-ecto-1/

Any thoughts?

I don't think it's an 83, my Maude is an 83 and her nose isn't as boxy so this looks newer than mine. Glad mine's safe and sound in the garage. I now want to preserve her in her current state and hold on to her so she won't be modified like that.

I could be wrong, but I am quite sure that is the '80 through '84 body style, that I am thinking was the last year that Cadillac delivered a chassis specifically for professional car use. The front wheel drives gained popularity in 1985, and coachbuilders had to scurry to assemble a rwd coach for that era.
I am willing to bet it is a 1980-1984... but I can't tell what year specifically.
Below, is my '81 S & S... which is consistent with the Ecto photos, and a photo of my former '85 Eureka...(I always thought the 85-92 front looked a bit longer than the '80-'84 chassis... could be wrong...)
I am pretty sure the '85 through '92 Victoria's had a little higher roof line. I am willing to bet the current Ecto is NOT an '89.

Attachments

• 81SSDorsey.jpg
    81SSDorsey.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 398
  • 85EurekaDorsey.jpg
    85EurekaDorsey.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Channing...

Here is a 1989 S & S Victoria from a photo I found on the internet. See the higher roof line? The Ecto is not an '89 Victoria I am wiling to bet...

Attachments

• 1989_ss_victoria_cadillac_hearse_3_lgw.jpg
    1989_ss_victoria_cadillac_hearse_3_lgw.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 551
Kent....
A ghostbuster by any year, is still a ghostbuster......... unless you don't believe in ghosts !!!!!!! :D

PS... your black ghostbuster hearse is an attractive car :eek: :beatdeadhorse5: :rolleyes:

Would one of the many experts on this site please say definitively what year the new ghostbusters coach is? This article states that it is a 1989: "The new Ecto-1, a 1989 Cadillac Brougham (you can tell by the grille)..."
Any thoughts?

There are other things to look at besides the grille. For one, this roofline was not even available after 1984.

If you go by the pictures after the conversion it is a 1983.
If you go by the picture posted that is supposed to be the coach before it was Ecto'ed it has to be either a 1980, or 1982 if it has the correct header panel in that picture.

Ive seen discussions about the new Ecto on several different sites, and not even pro car sites, and there is nothing but BAD comments on every one. There may be one small OK comment for every 1,000 bad ones.
The public is not happy. Not only that everytime I see media coverage on it they always call it a souped up station wagon. They do not have a clue.
So we can only hope the producer or some other high up sees all the negative comments about the car and aborts using it.

This "interesting" car and color scheme turned up on Ebay days ago, with an interesting ending to the ad:
"She is the same model has (sic) the Ecto 1 in the new Ghostbusters movie and can be easily converted into a replica of the new Ecto 1..."

Yeah, the same as in it was built on a Cadillac chassis, not much more. and FAR from the same model, considering the S&S was built on the commercial chassis, and the Collins Savoy was not. Not even sure how anyone could even think a Collins looks close to a S&S Victoria

Back