New Armbruster-Stageway Coach

I tend to agree with Ron. I have watched the Eagle coach come from the back of the pack to where it is today in a time span of 20 years so I seriously doubt Armbruster Stageway has done the same in less than 1 year and I am not disputing what anyone has been told and I am not shooting the messenger, just looking at this from a realistic standpoint. I'm not sure if A/S has enough room to manufacture that many coaches nor would they have been prepared for that volume in their first year of manufacturing. They are nice looking cars with a Futura looking back but from that forward they look like the rest of the cars made today. Cadillac needs to let them cut the A pillar so someone can make a commercial glass proportionately correct funeral coach.

I tend to agree with Ron. I have watched the Eagle coach come from the back of the pack to where it is today in a time span of 20 years so I seriously doubt Armbruster Stageway has done the same in less than 1 year and I am not disputing what anyone has been told and I am not shooting the messenger, just looking at this from a realistic standpoint. I'm not sure if A/S has enough room to manufacture that many coaches nor would they have been prepared for that volume in their first year of manufacturing. They are nice looking cars with a Futura looking back but from that forward they look like the rest of the cars made today. Cadillac needs to let them cut the A pillar so someone can make a commercial glass proportionately correct funeral coach.
The A pillar on the Cadillac XTS, cannot be altered as it will then not pass Federal safety laws/tests. This is why these is no commercial glass applications for this car. Cadillac and the coachbuilders will not build anything that will not meet federal mandates.

If there is an air bag in the piller its a no no with the FEDS. Always good to know the Fellas in Washington are watching over our well being with their superior knowledge. BTW the other day I was in a specialty body repair shop on a Packard matter. The owner and I were standing next to a well hit Audi I remarked on all the air bags hanging out with in the car. Gentleman informed me if ALL the airbags were blown replacement would be over $20000.00 before you added any body repair cost.

that is most likely the reason some used cars you buy the Air bags don't work when they are hit........too much $$$ to fix in the first place. ?

because as far as I know ........there is no way of testing an Air bag .............is there ???

Get a real big sledge hammer,no I have also been told airbag systems have a chip in them that someone(manufacturer,insurance,police?) can retrieve and gather data from the time of impact,is this true or false.

True we towed are car in from a fatal a couple of years ago. The State police came and checked the computer and were able to document the speed at the time of impact from the computer. They told me all modern cars have the equivalent of an aircraft Black Box. Bear in mind air bags are designed not to deploy at impacts of less than 17 MPH. As far as testing an individual air bag goes the system self tests and the air bag light goes on when there is a defect. The you have to hook a scanner to the diagnostic port and the scanner will report the defect if its air bag, sensor ,wiring ,clock spring,etc. Another point if you are going to work on the system you MUST unhook the battery and wait 20 minutes to a 1/2 hour for the system to discharge if not bad things (like the air bags going off) can happen. The air bag computer stores enough power to set the air bags off in the event the battery is destroyed or disconnected on impact.

Yes, it is true. Many new cars will store data on how fast the car has been driven, at what RPM, and in what gear. A friend works for Honda, and they had a warranty claim on an Acura RSX. The engine was in pieces. The owner of course demanded a new engine from Honda/Acura. When they plugged in their computer, they found out that he had been racing the car, and missed several ****s. In the last shift, he put it into the wrong gear (too low) and the stress destroyed the engine..........hence NO WARRANTY.

The A pillar on the Cadillac XTS, cannot be altered as it will then not pass Federal safety laws/tests. This is why these is no commercial glass applications for this car. Cadillac and the coachbuilders will not build anything that will not meet federal mandates.

I'm not sure that this is 100% accurate. From what I've been given to understand, Cadillac has laid down these rules regarding the A-pillars not the government. It's Cadillac, not any federal regulations that have precluded the coachbuilders from incorporating commercial glass into the XTS-based coaches. As far as I know, hearses and ambulances always were, and may still be (in some States) considered commercial vehicles and, again in some States, were/are even licensed as such. If this is still the case, XTS-based funeral coaches would not be subject to the same standards that are applied to passenger cars.

There is also the fact that the XTS' styling would look absolutely aweful with commercial glass! The styling of the XTS does not lend itself to more vertical glass and would look ridiculous! Commercial glass windshields have always been a problem when it came to replacement issues.

Back