Merry Oldsmobiles

Vintage capture of '74 C/B 48" used by Allenhurst FD.

401389_10150626503939391_2087561164_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
58 Olds

That white 58 Old sis very unusual in that it has "Ninety Eight" script and trim on the front fenders, yet the rear bumper and lighting arrangement is from a base 88 model.

about 6 questions and answers floating here. to answer Attila yes I have a pictures of a 73 military delivered in Denver to the military hospital there. I can't find it right now. we did out the pictures and get it re scanned in. and here is a pictures of lou's 58 if memory serves me right it was sold to a ambulance service.

Back to the '73 Cotington 48 - it was sold used to a city in NE, then went to a PCS member in CA, and finally to the collection seen here. I have a Terry Lange photo of it (while in NE) in my collection.

Although Tacoma's LeMay America's Car Museum is the "LeMay Museum," the LeMay Family Collection is at a Marymount, wonderful fomer seminary south of Tacoma, not far from the LeMay family property. I spotted an Olds ambulance there with a PCS badge. Anyone recognize it? It's stored in a large metal building with cars filling the floor and closely-stacked three or four high, where this one is parked.

Here's another pic of the LeMay '73 where it currently sits...

http://s872.photobucket.com/user/Lesneyfan/media/IMG_0142_zpsd5f7c38f.jpg.html

Attachments

• IMG_0142_zpsd5f7c38f.jpg
    IMG_0142_zpsd5f7c38f.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 162
here is the picture of the 73 on it's delivery day in Denver. the man that sent these reference pictures to me was picking it up to take to the hospital. we used them to get the lettering right on our 72. those 890 really look so much better under the car then the 235.

Attachments

• 1973 military cb denver.jpg
    1973 military cb denver.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 841
  • 1973 military cb  denver rear.jpg
    1973 military cb denver rear.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 817
I don't think I put a pictures of my former 72 up here. it's a case of getting the facts after. I wish now that I had put the red crosses on it rather then the star of life. then had the stars made in the magnetic signs. not the other way around. I sanded off the us army on it and it was up in the orange stripe.
the doors are the way there were. but this was the first car we did and you got to learn on something.

Attachments

• IMG_4289a.jpg
    IMG_4289a.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 831
Here is one.........

Operated by DVA Ambulance in Durand and Vernon Michigan

Attachments

• Blanchard photo of DVA oldsmobiletwo.jpg
    Blanchard photo of DVA oldsmobiletwo.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 730
I photographed this '62 C/B Olds at the PCS National meet in Tulsa, OK back in 1986. At the time, it was owned by Milwaukee coach dealer, Bob Hedges. It has since been restored, and last I heard was owned by PCS member, Steve Diamond.

Attachments

• 62 CB 1001.jpg
    62 CB 1001.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 651
  • 62 CB 2002.jpg
    62 CB 2002.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 677
The vehicle is not white, and owned by a EMS ministry in Texas. Steve had offered the vehicle to me, and told me that it was a military ambulance. Having no interest in military ambulances, I passed on the vehicle, and he donated it to the present owner. Only after seeing the pictures, did I realize that it wasn't a military ambulance, but a high top ambulance. I think of this car as "the one that got away". :(

While the albums are out and the scanner is warm, here are a couple of '75 C/B's, the last year they produced ambulances. I photographed the landau style rig at the New Hope, PA PCS National meet back in 1987. It was brought there by Bob Hedges. As pointed out elsewhere in this thread, the car was not a true Criterion, as it was not a walk-thru and didn't have the split in the second door on the driver's side. The white Olds I shot outside a restaurant somewhere in Nebraska.

Attachments

• 75 CB 2002.jpg
    75 CB 2002.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 710
  • 75 CB 3003.jpg
    75 CB 3003.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 631
  • 75 CB 1001.jpg
    75 CB 1001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 650
The vehicle is not white, and owned by a EMS ministry in Texas. Steve had offered the vehicle to me, and told me that it was a military ambulance. Having no interest in military ambulances, I passed on the vehicle, and he donated it to the present owner. Only after seeing the pictures, did I realize that it wasn't a military ambulance, but a high top ambulance. I think of this car as "the one that got away". :(

This car was purchased new by a first aid squad in NJ. Originally silver and burgundy, it was painted yellow by it's second owner, a fire department in IL. Steve Diamond had it painted white, which it remains today:

Attachments

• 1062 CB.jpg
    1062 CB.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 621
The white Olds I shot outside a restaurant somewhere in Nebraska.

Hamilton Co. A.S. (Aurora, NE)

This car was eventually sold to a private service in Wichita, and then to a private service in Tulsa that used it for a parade vehicle. It has since been exported to a collector in South America.

Back