July 12-16, 2011 - PCS International Meet - Akron, Ohio

Just wanted to let you know that the host hotel is officially sold out for the Friday and Saturday nights of our meet. Have no fear though, Ron is working out a group rate with the newly renovated Baymont Inn that's only .2 of a mile down the street. I'll post more info on how to book over at the Baymont with the group rate after I find that out. The host hotel, the Clarion Inn, still has space during the week, but the Baymont is saving 35 rooms for us to deal with weekend overflow.

Thanks to the 130 of you that have registered so far. If you haven't done your meet registration yet, we're getting to a time where you probably should. There's only 20 tickets left for the trip to Cleveland and 36 left for the Pinner / History of Ambulance Service seminar - plus certain events you have to book two weeks in advance.

Only 43 days to go. This is going to be one awesome meet!!!

update

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ron is still working on getting a block of rooms saved for us at the alternate hotel, but that the rate is going to be the same as their regular rate - which is around $79 a night. Your best bet is to call the hotel and make a reservation. Here's a link to their site for pictures and contact info: http://www.baymontinns.com/hotels/ho...hotel_id=36589

Keep in mind, the Clarion still has rooms during the week, so reserve that first and then get the Baymont for the weekend nights if you're not already at the Clarion.

Remember, if you haven't registered for the meet yet, time is running out. Certain tickets will be selling out VERY soon, so don't miss out - register at www.pcs2011.com

See you in 31 days!

One final reason to register soon

The meet is almost two weeks away. Tickets are still available for the Pinner Coach / History of Ambulance Service seminar on Wednesday, Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens on Friday and the banquet on Saturday night. Need a final reason to register online before the meet? Register at www.pcs2011.com by June 30 and receive a free meet t-shirt!

For those of you that registered for the meet already, email me your t-shirt size at info@pcs2011.com and we'll have your shirt waiting for you when you arrive.

Want an extra t-shirt? We will be selling them through June 30 for $15 each. Email me at info@pcs2011.com and let me know what size for yours and the extras and I'll order them for you. June 30 is the cut off date for orders.

Below is a pic of the meet shirt. The design that you see is on the back.

Attachments

• meet shirt.jpg
    meet shirt.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Baymont Inn site

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ron is still working on getting a block of rooms saved for us at the alternate hotel, but that the rate is going to be the same as their regular rate - which is around $79 a night. Your best bet is to call the hotel and make a reservation. Here's a link to their site for pictures and contact info: http://www.baymontinns.com/hotels/ho...hotel_id=36589

That link isn't working, but this one is:

http://www.baymontinns.com/hotels/o...nd-suites-boston-heightshudson/hotel-overview

When I gave the clerk the dates he asked if I was coming in for the car show, to which I replied yes. He then gave me a $60 rate.

And That's a Wrap!

I am sitting here at my desk getting to do the Friday afternoon government job early dismissal. I do have to come back in the morning to interview some new recruits but basically from here on out it is Hudson bound. I gotta say it is starting to effect me. I awoke at 3:30 a.m. thinking about the parking lot layout and could not go back to sleep so we need to get this party started so I can go back to sleeping normally. :sleep:

Ron, as long as your parking lot layout has plenty of room for a big "bull session" all is good with the world.

Take a sip or two out of the pretty blue can (Bud Light) and get some sleep, we've got things to do next week!!!!!

I am sitting here at my desk getting to do the Friday afternoon government job early dismissal. I do have to come back in the morning to interview some new recruits but basically from here on out it is Hudson bound. I gotta say it is starting to effect me. I awoke at 3:30 a.m. thinking about the parking lot layout and could not go back to sleep so we need to get this party started so I can go back to sleeping normally. :sleep:

And what makes you think that your going to be able to sleep at the meet!!!:yum::cheers::yum:

Ron

Don't worry bud, we will keep a stretcher out in the parking lot so you can be with us and be comfy !

We can push you to all the coolers filled with cold ones after the one you're at is empty.

AN EARLY THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE TO MAKE THIS MEET POSSIBLE ! AS WELL AS THE WHOLE PCS2011 TEAM !!! :applause:

Darren

Meet update!

With the PCS international meet just a few days away, I wanted to give you all some last minute info and reminders:

For Thursday night at the drive-in, I'm still trying to finalize the movie choices. The owner of the theater told me one thing, and the website says another, so I'm working on finding out for sure what it is. Either way, one screen will DEFINITELY have Green Lantern and the new Harry Potter movie, but I don't know yet what will be on the other screen. When I find out, I'll post it here. We will all park together by one of the screens, but you can see both screens from the area that they are reserving for us. If you'd like to watch the movies on the other screen, you can just by facing your chairs in the other direction.

If you are coming to the drive-in, remember to bring chairs so you can sit outside with us, bug spray and an FM radio as the drive-in doesn't use speaker boxes. Also, if you're not wanting to be out until 3am, you can stay for just one movie and then drive back to the hotel. We will provide everyone with directions to get you back to the hotel if you'd like to go back after one movie.

Also, for anyone that may be interested in drinking beverages in the parking lot, the hotel kindly requests that all beverages in the parking lot be in plastic containers or cans. This is for the safety of all guests and to keep the parking lot and our tires in nice condition.

Because a lot of construction has been happening on the roads near the hotel in the last couple of months, the directions that you print out online or that your GPS gives you, may be incorrect. To help you get to the hotel, I've made videos of how to get to there. I hope this helps.

Directions from the north (taking SR-8 south from I-90 / I-271):
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxKRFg-m1WY[/ame]

Directions from the south (taking SR-8 north from I-71, I-77 and I-76):
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP15W92dsws[/ame]

Directions from the Ohio Turnpike - I-80:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_iBS2-Dt50[/ame]

Finally, here's a list of items to pack for the meet:
-folding chairs for the parking lot and drive-in
-bug spray
-portable FM radio for the drive-in
-model cars for the model car display - We will give away prizes to the attendees' favorites.

So far we have over 120 cars registered for this meet, so this will be quite an event! It looks like we will be making a new PCS record for cars in attendance at an international meet. See you in a few days!

Sarah

Thanks for the video clearing confusion about what is what at that intersection. I noticed the construction, and felt I could find it fine ( maybe with a few wrong turns). Google maps are pretty accurate at this point for those mapping it.

I'm sorry but I can only drink out of glass bottles hotel will have to get over it. :drama: They will have to accomodate my disability.

You're welcome, Cary. Some of the roads have existed less than six weeks and they have changed names already. When they first opened up the service road next to the hotel, it was first a one way road, then they made it two way six weeks ago and named it Frontage Rd, and last week they changed it's name to Dean Memorial. Not all online maps have caught up with these changes.

Scott, watch the videos while wearing sunglasses and they will make sense for your night time driving situation. ;)

Back