I Have a Ambulance Trip Scheduled Tomorrow

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
The Robert T. White School of Nursing has asked me to help them move their SimMan mannequin tomorrow. It is moving from the old school to the new school and this thing costs $65,000.
So the plan is, this dummy is on the third floor and weighs about as much as a real human, there is no elevator. It will be a teaching moment for the students though. Kyle and I will backboard and immobilize him using nursing students to do most of the work. Once down on the main floor he will be secured to the cot and loaded into the ambulance. Enroute to the new school the mannequin's condition will crash and they will have to resuscitate him using the car's equipment. Kyle will be driving and I will be proctoring them and catching them if they get thrown. I think it will be a great learning experience for them. We will post pictures tomorrow.

So Cool

Great going nothing adds realism to an event like trying all this in a moving rig,where I worked at Oxford they also got a sym man however it cost $85,000 you folks always get stuff cheaper, such is life our beer tastes better:D

Sounds like an interesting experience for everyone and to do it in a vintage ambulance too! How cool is that?

Sounds like a great experience for everyone !:thumbsup:

Which ambulance will you be using,Ron ?

Well I have a rotation, the Superior 61" Rescuer is up and probably the best car for the job. For one, it is the closest to modern technology, secondly, it can accommodate more student nurses. (Hopefully I will be catching young, pretty student nurses being flung by a moving vehicle and not being crushed by the massive girth of metabolically challenged student nurses :eek:)

(Hopefully I will be catching young, pretty student nurses being flung by a moving vehicle and not being crushed by the massive girth of metabolically challenged student nurses :eek:)

ya that always sucks when that happenes lol:eek: a few times I thought I was going to have to chew my arm off in the morning ! :eek: :D

AAAHHH the good old days, have sent a few nurses flying in my day and have caught an equal number airborne in the back,and when they smile and say thank you,and you get to smile back and say No thank you:D

AAAHHH the good old days, have sent a few nurses flying in my day and have caught an equal number airborne in the back,and when they smile and say thank you,and you get to smile back and say No thank you:D

Wayne,
YOU sir,hit the nail on the head with that statement !!!:p:applause::thumbsup:

Pictures

Well I hit the lottery! Two out of three of them were not bad that I had in the back.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 188
All kidding aside it is hard to believe that when they graduate they could well be part of the team that saves one of our lives and aids in our recovery,and you think they are just kids,and what they are expected to know,but sit back and think what people thought of us when we started,

Back