I finally have pics up!!!

all they did was attach the seat on top of the linoleum's and then cover over the the other side, add the edging. so under the seat will be like new for the pattern and the piece of flooring will give you the thickness of the plywood floor. by finishing both sides of the flip panels and having the edging and hardware on both sides it really make for a heavy panel. but the good news is they stay in place. you just don't run out and change them with out breaking into a sweat. do you have both of the seats or just the one? at least you have the one with the peg rest.

So if every thing works like its supposed too, then under the cushions there should be fresh lino. Cool. I know I have seen the metal trim around the jump seat for sale at like Home Depot or somewhere I just cant remember where I had seen it. Do you know off hand where I can find that trim?

Congratulations on saving this neat car. I've always had a thing for combinations. I'll attach a picture of a very nice '60 Victoria I used to own.

The local elementary school was having a Halloween program and I volunteered to have the car outside the school as parents and kids were coming to the program. I stood Elvira by the car, for effect. Tom

Attachments

• 60_S_S020.jpg
    60_S_S020.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 78
you can find a lot of that trim at the hardware store. but most of us recognizes it from a old bathroom or kitchen we visited. styles change and find the exact trim will be difficult. it may be worth a trip to Tx if Attila knows were one is. or any one that can direct you to a S&S being junked just to get that stuff out of the interior. the one advantage you have is that you need to do it all. as as log as you can redo it in the same style having the exact same trim is not necessary. as your not matching anything all ready in the car but redoing it all. all it will have to be is close enough to look right. we get into trouble when we mix and match.

you can find a lot of that trim at the hardware store. but most of us recognizes it from a old bathroom or kitchen we visited. styles change and find the exact trim will be difficult. it may be worth a trip to Tx if Attila knows were one is. or any one that can direct you to a S&S being junked just to get that stuff out of the interior. the one advantage you have is that you need to do it all. as as log as you can redo it in the same style having the exact same trim is not necessary. as your not matching anything all ready in the car but redoing it all. all it will have to be is close enough to look right. we get into trouble when we mix and match.

I was looking at the trim on the jump seat and it looks easy enough to make my self I just need to get a bead roller which I need any how so I can make floor pans for the car anyway! I love finding interesting ways to justify buying new tools for metal working!

Congratulations on saving this neat car. I've always had a thing for combinations. I'll attach a picture of a very nice '60 Victoria I used to own.

The local elementary school was having a Halloween program and I volunteered to have the car outside the school as parents and kids were coming to the program. I stood Elvira by the car, for effect. Tom

Hey Tom do you have any pics of the interior both front and back so I can use them as reference for restoring my combo?

On a side not, when I get my combo done I plan on trying to get Elvira to take pics with my car!(depending on how much it will cost!)

Back