Fleet shots

crowder

:applause:wow!! remember em well. hadnt thought of them in years. my dad knew them well. remember them from the fd convention that i was allowed to go with my parents too. if we had a air ambulance call to fort worth or love field he used crowder on the other in. wow, hadnt thought of this in years. thanks a lot. jogging my old memory banks as usual. thanks steve..

Thanks for this link for FW EMS. As you know, I've known some of the bunch around Ray Crider's for many years. Ray's grandson Trey Harper (Robertson-Meuller-Harper) went to Texas Tech when I was there. At the time I was dispatching at AID Ambulance, which had just been taken over by the current owner David Ehler. Trey tried to get a job at AID, but when Ehler learned that Trey had a lot of ambulance experience at the age of 19, he sent him packing. For some reason in the early days, David had no use for people with prior experience. He was more concerned with getting out and making money and NOT patient care.

:applause:wow!! remember em well. hadnt thought of them in years. my dad knew them well. remember them from the fd convention that i was allowed to go with my parents too. if we had a air ambulance call to fort worth or love field he used crowder on the other in. wow, hadnt thought of this in years. thanks a lot. jogging my old memory banks as usual. thanks steve..

That's cool, Kyle. The one convention I got to see was in 1975 in Oklahoma City: an Oklahoma EMS convention. I had bought a '67 short Buick/National ambulance from Bob Dietz's old co. in Eldorado,KS, and flew into OKC where I was met by Keen Schaaf, who is now with Wheeled Coach. I can remember seeing that red and white Buick from the air and was quite pleased at the sight. Paid a whopping $100 for the car (which didn't include the flight to OKC).

good old days

yeah skip all these old pics sure make me wish for the days. at least where cars were cars and you could tell the diffrence in 1 second as to make. i went with my dad in 1974 to gordon k's and there was abunch of old cars parked around back and there was a 62 pont. consort with 4 pancakes and a beacon and a q2 and i was told i could have the car but never went back to get it since it hadnt been messed with in 2 years. sure wished i hada went back. he was always giving me something. gave me a director and 2 speakers of a wrecked suburban just caused i asked. had the only 66 chevelle ss 396 with a director and 1 speaker under the hood. used to scare the hell out of people at the drive inn. hey skip, clean out your inbox. cant send you a pm!!!! kyle

yeah skip all these old pics sure make me wish for the days. at least where cars were cars and you could tell the diffrence in 1 second as to make. i went with my dad in 1974 to gordon k's and there was abunch of old cars parked around back and there was a 62 pont. consort with 4 pancakes and a beacon and a q2 and i was told i could have the car but never went back to get it since it hadnt been messed with in 2 years. sure wished i hada went back. he was always giving me something. gave me a director and 2 speakers of a wrecked suburban just caused i asked. had the only 66 chevelle ss 396 with a director and 1 speaker under the hood. used to scare the hell out of people at the drive inn. hey skip, clean out your inbox. cant send you a pm!!!! kyle

As I've mentioned before, my first ambulance was the '63 Consort that came from Summers. It had twin 17s on the roof but no siren when I got it, and that was on a Saturday. Before leaving town I stopped by the GKA lot, still at 3909 Overton, and the shop door was open. I new the old fellow who ran the shop and he was there. I showed him the holes on the fender where the original siren had been, and he came back out with a nice old Federal 78 doubletone siren with the SolaRay light. Got it for $10! Downside was, it was stolen off the fender a few weeks later. Replaced it with a B&M Siro-Drift, which no one ever bothered, and eventually ended up with a Q on top. BTW, Kyle, my PM is cleared for you to resend whatever it was you tried to send yesterday.

My new favorite shot of Jayne Mansfield. Sentinels or Volunteers? Who cares! :D

Height of "Z" portion of Flite-Streak molding relays that MM on right is also a '58. Miller's ambulance service may have already been posted...but not the cheesecake.

tumblr_m1m81a0wd61roueslo1_500.jpg

Conner-Johnson Co. fleet of Pierce Arrows, dated 1934. (There is still an LA listing for Conner-Johnson Mortuary but not an active website.)

Images by Dick Whittington Studio and part of Dick Whittington Photography Collection.

480886_10151420229948221_908933324_n.jpg

521812_10151420229943221_150716199_n.jpg

:eek: WOW!!! :eek:

That's a great photo, Attila. Thanks for posting it. I'm guessing the hearse is a Superior. Certainly looks like a 1932 Pierce-Superior and Superior, due to their arrangement with Studebaker did build on Pierce-Arrow chassis in 1932.

Snyder's fleet of two-tone '62 M-M Futura Ambulances. Interesting to note that all six coaches are fitted with non-Cadillac wheel covers.. They appear to be '60 Plymouth items.

8f82873f-52dc-4884-9fea-65eddd488f20_zps37c0b29e.jpg

Attachments

• Snyder.jpg
    Snyder.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,001
I remember seeing Capitol rigs when visiting Chicago in the 1960s:

Capitol A.S. (Chicago, IL)
(3) 1960 Sentinels
(1) 1960 Suburban
(1) 1960 Rescuer

(SL collection)

Attachments

• Capitol FRONT.jpg
    Capitol FRONT.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,068
Note the "odd" car on the right - no roof siren, C pillar door hinging:

Buck A.S. (Portland, OR)
(4) 1968 Rescuers

(SL collection)

Attachments

• Buck.jpg
    Buck.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 753
Ellis A.S. (N.Y., NY)
TOP:
1970 Professional
1967 Rescuer
1969 Rescuer
(2) 1967 Parkways
1969 S/P hightop
1968 Classic 48
BOTTOM:
1968 Classic 48

(SL collection)

Attachments

• Ellis (2).jpg
    Ellis (2).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 901
  • Ellis.jpg
    Ellis.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 756
Devies Ambulance & Livery

Marlboro's Premier ambulance service and coach rental.

Attachments

• 100_0859.jpg
    100_0859.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 686
Ron....is that your '64 Pontiac in the picture?

No Skip, that is my 66 Pontiac, well actually they are all mine except for the Oldsmobile which is now back at Maple Cotton Funeral Home and Ambulance Service

Attachments

• IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 662
No Skip, that is my 66 Pontiac, well actually they are all mine except for the Oldsmobile which is now back at Maple Cotton Funeral Home and Ambulance Service

My mistake, Ron. I meant to say '66. I guess I was thinking about the nice old '64 Pontiac combo that I got back in 1977. It was solid white with a single 17D on top and a 28 underhood when I got it. I had four DoRay lollipops (2 red, 2 blue) next to the beacon and replaced the 28 with a B&M
S8B siren.

Back