Coaches and Rust

I also have no plans on ruining the integrity of the actual vehicle like so many people do by the way. I watched a youtube video last night that just made me sick. Was a video of a guy sawing the top off of a 72 caddy hearse to turn it into a convertible. Video made me a bit angry.

then what your looking for is two. that 66 crown for the work one and something for you. were most people get hung up is thinking you can redo the interior cheap. you can't. you can tear out the original one in a afternoon or two. but to put a different one in will run you a few grand if you want anything but a 5 gl bucket to sit on. so then the car is pushed into the far corner for a year or two and dumped in a trashed state.

An awful lot of good advise here. The nicer old ones bring better money because more folks like us want them.
I have found one from the 80s to current are not yet popular with collectors and you might score a nice one for less. I agree with looking for 94-96 models might also be a good bet. Among the 80s to current, they would have the best power. Experience tells my to tell you to pass on anything with the sorry 4.1 in it unless it is really exceptional.

you mean unless it the front wheel drive. there are two separate engines labeled 400.
here is a rust problem we are talking about. 75 modal car cheaper aftermarket company. this car has spent it's entire life in Montana. you cant get more in snow country then life in central Mt. car is driven over rough unpaved roads and paved roads regularly. vary seldom if ever washed out under neath. the sandy soil has sand blasted off the paint on the undercarriage. the fan has picked it up and blasted off the paint in front of the engine and air cleaner. I worked hard to get the soil off the underside. why is there no rust under this car? the only rust is under the battery . the rest is shinny steel. clean cars are were you find them they can be any were. but looking at rusty ones gives you the hint were it forms on which modal so that when you find a clean one you can go there and fix it before it comes threw.

Attachments

• IMG_2174.jpg
    IMG_2174.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2180.jpg
    IMG_2180.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 106
Yes ED, you're right. I should have clarified my comments to the 4.1 engine in the rear wheel drive as being a dog. In pro cars even the 305 was a dog. It was under powered. My 87 S&S 6 door limo was under powered. On a trip to Danny Ryder's place, I was being passed by Snyder 18 wheelers!

you swing past the you bent it muffler place and have them put on one of the high flow converters. surprising how handy 5 more hp is. we did that on the 89 6 door and it really helped, not as much as a 350 though.

Back