8 ply tires

they always refer you to the 235 x15 we know this is 2 inches to small. so 1870 x 4 is 7480 at 32 psi. on your Hearse that should be OK. it will be on the Seville to. but Richard better run his high top across the scale. then figure in the safety margin if you get the weight all over on one side. 35 psi would up it to 2000 each.thats what collins did on the 89 6 door we had they added one more psi to carrly the load.

any body remember these tires with "ambulance service" stamped on the sidewall.i belive that they were load range "e".when i first started in the ambulance service buisness in the mid to late 60's all of our rigs had them.as they say"those were the good old days':specool:

Still got one that came as a spare on one of the cars! I'll have to go down to the barn and get it down to see who it was made by though.

Went down to the barn yesterday and got this tire down, cleaned up the white wall side a bit and made a few pics too. Below are pics and some info off the tire.

Made by, SEIBERLING
Made in U.S.A.
Ambulance Service
N78-15
Load Range D
Tubeless
8 Ply
2500 LBS
40 PSI Max Pressure
Info also found on black wall (inside) of tire,
DOT AVV5-9AC528
E14A
9006 BC-6818-2

IMG_20110810_181059.jpgIMG_20110810_181042.jpgIMG_20110810_181030.jpgIMG_20110810_181051.jpg

Here's another one for ya, The Fleetwood Professional Tire. I've never seen one, only in this ad. Has anyone seen or run any of these?Fleetwood Professional Tire..jpg

Jeremy's tire

Am I the only one that noticed the flat spot on Jeremy's tire?
Where you been storing that one Jeremy? Did you have a 'Q' sitting on it?
Mike

Mike

That one was stored between two boards up high over head in the barn, the reasons for the two flat spots. Those aren't the only flat spots as it was a well worn tire too!

Mike

I saw that Mike, after five or ten miles maybe it will round up again like they used to do. I remember first bad experience with the 8.90's I was driving the 70 to pick up a body about 40 miles away and car developed severe bumping so I stopped and checked all the tires and could not find issue so went on alittle ways and it was still there so stopped and checked again and nothing so after about five miles of this I called office for help. Boss had funeral home in town where guy died to get body and bring to us as we waited for tow truck. Took to chevrolet dealer and they called next day and said all wrong was chunk gone out of rear tire. All I could figure is each time I stopped it was on top and I couldn't see it. My boss didn't understand why I didn't figure it out and was pissed having tow bill and getting help from other funeral home. I thought axel was coming out or something. This happened alot over next few years but I knew what was going on and would pull over and put spare on. I can remember doing this alot. I did have good luck with the Denman straight tread tires but after running a set of them around 1990 could not get anymore and went to radials. I prefer the higher sit of the 8.90 but what to do?

go to 700 x 15s to get the same look. but you can't get them in white wall. I was going to have a set cut in but the L 78s will Carry the load and that would be cheaper .

Back