'56 Superior Ambulance

1956 Ambulance

This was in a paddock in Sealy Texas and I was travelling round the US at the time with my husband ina camper. I fell in love with this beautiful opld girl and bought it, shipped it back home to Perth, Western Australia and have started the restoration. Only rust was the Fred Flinstone Floor, which has been fixed, and the engine and transmission and front end has all been rebuilt so far.....
not sure how to put photo up???

Congrats Claire on your big baby. Lending a hand hosting:

56oct12019.jpg

56oct12017.jpg

56251212.jpg

Great seeing progress! Member Kurt Arends recently purchased a matching '56 Superior 616 high top soo0oO.....Claire meet Kurt. Kurt, this is Claire. :D

Yup... Twins! Oddly enough, mine has a much larger mahogany venier cabinet which looks to be original. No photos of the cabinet yet. I need 2 of the oval tunnel light lenses for mine, if anyone has them

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 343
This was the Altura Car, then sat on a farm, then owned by Dr Mickey Spivey, then I owned it and I sold it to a man named Dustin Duncan. I believe this ambulance has subsequently changed hands a couple of times since.

That was my farm. I owned it from approximately 1983 until 1990ish.

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 334

This sat on main street in Roseville,ca for about ten years missing the grill and front clip. It's one of the many Caddy's that saw service in the fifities in Isleton, Ca. Sacramento County. They also had a 54'' 59 cad that is missing in action someplace I hear rumors that it's in Ely Nevada stored.

56 cad

This is a Superior. The 59 is a Superior. Back in the 50's and early 60's. Pacific Coach of Burlingame sold both Superior and Miller Meteor and Checker Cabs:D

Back