MONROE MA739 Max-Air Shock Absorber

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
Just a note that the rear Air Shocks used by Superior are now discontinued.

We have checked with NAPPA, Rock Auto, Canadian Tire, and CarQuest and there are no Max-Air to be found.

The Air Hose Kits are however still available, so if you are losing air, hopefully, it is the Air Hose.

I would suggest that if you can find a set of Max-Air at your local parts store to grab them for when you need them.

RockAuto.com shows these for a Deville, Tho not a commercial chassis the shock mounting is the same and should work.

MONROE MA719 Max-Air Shock Absorber

RockAuto.com shows these for a Deville, Tho not a commercial chassis the shock mounting is the same and should work.

MONROE MA719 Max-Air Shock Absorber
Did not notice the shocks mounts are different, so the ones I listed would not work. My mistake sorry about that.

Being that we are on the topic of shocks. Anyone know if S&S used the same rear shocks as Fleetwood in 1995? I'm going to be replacing mine soon. Parts stores list the same part number for commercial chassis.

Being that we are on the topic of shocks. Anyone know if S&S used the same rear shocks as Fleetwood in 1995? I'm going to be replacing mine soon. Parts stores list the same part number for commercial chassis.
My post should have said "Just a note that the rear Air Shocks used on the Cadillac Commercial Chassis are now discontinued." They were not Superior specific.

However, yours area still available:

Do you have the part number for the Cadillac commercial chassis rear air shocks? They may still be available from other sources.

I don't have an original part number. My shocks were replaced at one point before I had purchased it. Mine are rigged up so you can manually put air in them. It just seems like the maximum height is not all that high which is what makes me think that they could be wrong. I do know that commercial chassis in the past had a different height due to the long wheelbase. Just because it fits doesn't mean that it's correct.

Any of these will work, only difference between auto level and regular air shocks is the air pressure source, I used Gaberial's. on the 96 and used the stock onboard compressor.

ACDELCO 504511 Gold; Air Lift; Sold In Pairs Info
Rear; LV

MONROE MA819 Max-Air Shock Absorber; Sold In Pairs Info
Rear

GABRIEL 49131 Hi-Jacker; Sold In Pairs Info
Rear

All available at Rock auto.

20180126_133652[1].jpg

Back