Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > For Sale To The Public At Large

For Sale To The Public At Large For Sale items must contain a price, and be owned by you and Pro Car related. All questions, price negotiations, etc., must be done by Private Message or eMail. Once sold, please make a final post indicating that. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion. Special Note, when doing business with others ask for references etc., Buyer and Sellers Beware, we hope each person is honest, however, buy and sell at your own risk.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Website Member

Thanked 1,764 Times in 566 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 1969 Cadillac M-M hearse for sale/trade

I've decided to sell the 1969 cadillac M-M hearse. Overall decent condition. All new brakes including brake lines, lowered 3" all the way around, 472 engine, matched set of wide-whitewall tires (great shape), 1950's Cadillac hubcaps, all glass is good including the windshield. Have the side chrome strips.
The bad: There is NO TITLE. I bought this out of Virginia and it had been scrapped at one point... Ohio title laws have blocked every effort to title it here using it's original VIN#. It runs & drives, I drove it to the new house with no problems. No gas tank, it runs from a 5 gallon gas can.

FOR SALE OR TRADE... Mainly looking for a non-commercial glass 1990-1992 Cadillac hearse, but other procars will be considered and i'm looking to trade UP (my hearse and cash to you) for a nice hearse. You know me guys, anything unusual i'm up for and cash waiting for the right procar.

Cash price on the '69 is $2500

The Following User Says Thank You to Dwayne Brooks For This Useful Post:
Jeremy D. Ledford (04-11-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Website Member

Thanked 1,326 Times in 528 Posts
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

How far "up" do you want to trade?
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Merrifield For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Website Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Merrifield View Post
How far "up" do you want to trade?
Open to offers Todd, haven't set a cap really.
also have a sweet '66 Bel Air to sweeten a deal on a nice old procar
Old 04-11-2012, 10:46 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 3,276 Times in 1,620 Posts

Dwayne, I wish I could get this, I had one just about like it, lowered and all (mine was only 2"), it is so close that when you got it I thought it may have been mine until I saw the interior. Anyways, have you tried to get a bonded title? A little expensive but might be an option.
Gotta love the 472. in my opinion it was the best engine Cadillac had.
1985 Eureka Pontiac Chieftain hearse
1995 Superior Chevrolet Chancellor hearse
See all my pro cars past and present in my photo album
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Royark JR For This Useful Post:
Darlene Daniels (04-13-2012), Jeremy D. Ledford (04-11-2012), Josh Gentry (04-14-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,575 Times in 3,782 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

does it have the VIN plate still spot welded to the cowl? What paper work is available from the Virginia seller? thanks
Old 04-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Website Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Steinberg View Post
does it have the VIN plate still spot welded to the cowl? What paper work is available from the Virginia seller? thanks
Yes the original VIN# plate is still attached as well as the M-M build plate. I have a bill of sale and the info of the wrecking yard it came out of. Also have evidence of the funeral home that bought it new and ultimately junked it, they drove it to the scrapyard. How sad it was tossed aside like an old shoe.
The Ohio DMV inspection station immediately turned me away and I hurriedly left after hearing the words "I can assure you it'll never be on Ohio roads without its original paper title!" And I'm not interested in a battle with them. Someone out-of-state with more lax title laws or an Ohio collector with legal connections can straighten it out legally.
Ohio has the most strict title laws and there's not one single title service in the nation that'll deal with an Ohio resident... I've tried.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dwayne Brooks For This Useful Post:
Danny Ryder (04-12-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 AM
PCS Life Member

Thanked 2,327 Times in 956 Posts
Groans: 1

Dwayne, I have heard this about Ohio before and have had a few dealings that was trouble because of this and found no one in ohio will buy a car without a title knowing they can't get it registered. Ga. is very lax but this is good and bad being i could buy it and register with no problem as in Ga. if it is older than 1986 you don't have to have a title at all. Also 1963 was first title issued in Ga. so even if say you had a 62 or older and wanted to sell to someone in ohio it would still be a problem cause you don't have a title. We sell some stuff along at dealership without a title that goes out of state but make sure people buying know there is no way they will get a title so if they have a problem with their state just don't buy it.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 AM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,575 Times in 3,782 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

My Pinner Chrysler was originally sold in New York, which in was a non title state. It was then sold to a Connecticut resident, and since it was more than 10 years old, Connecticut didn't issue a title. I purchased the car and transfer was made on the Connecticut registration, the method for transferring a non titled vehicle, and since I also live in Connecticut, no title was available. Now that I am going to move next door to Ron & Barb Devies in Ohio, does that mean that I have to leave my Pinner behind, because I don't have a title to register it in Ohio???
Old 04-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Website Member

Thanked 1,326 Times in 528 Posts
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it depends on who you talk to. I bought my Ford Ranger from Michigan, where there are no titles, and got it titled in Ohio. They just verified the VIN number and issued me a title. (Michigan does have an official looking "Bill of Sale" that looks like a title and has the VIN on it, but it is not a title per se.)

My Uncle just got his fiberglass 33 Chevy titled in Ohio as an actual 33 Chevy. Not sure how he pulled that off, but he can be pretty charming...
Old 04-12-2012, 11:17 AM
PCS Elected Director 2016 - 2018

Thanked 14,281 Times in 6,020 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

once again it's all in who you get behind the counter. those states that will not issue a title are on record here. with a bill of sale from one of them I can title a car bought there in SD. all we care about is that you pay your taxes on it and the vin is not registered as stolen. if the vin got registered at the yard it will have salvage wrote on the title. this is all part of the big push a few years age to require all vehicals over 10 yeas old to be junked