Live From Columbus

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
As we speak, Dan Skivolocke and I are at the Ohio Funeral Director's Convention in Columbus, Ohio. We have a PCS display here featuring Dan's 59 limo, Phil Rishel's 69 end loader, Bob Smith's 68 51" Superior and my Poncho. Across the floor is Bill Peoples with Miss Henney. Have also bumped into other people who are no strangers to PCS like the folks from Musters. Pictures to follow from those better at taking them.

All those cars inside?

Wow, that must be one heck of a display floor with all those beautiful old professional cars in there! We thought we were doing good by being allowed to show two old coaches last year at the Minnesota Funeral Directors' Association convention (George Quast's 1939 Meteor LaSalle carved hearse and our '73 Superior Crown combination.)

The more we can promote PCS through these types of events, the better. Please share some photos with us if possible, Ron.

It's been at least 20 years since I've been at that convention. I'd go every year and would meet Bernie De Winter and other hearse guys there. It used to be great. I remember Burgess always had a big wheel of locally-made cheese that they served pieces of and everyone had fairly large displays - especially the car guys. Those were the days. Hope you are having fun and can send some photos.

Wow!

We had our first night working the display tonight. I met so many people who is was or will be members of the Ohio Chapter. I also met a lot of people that never heard of us but now want to come to Hudson to see our cars. Some people had stories of cars they had in their funeral home or memories our cars stirred in their minds.
One lady began telling me about this guy in Florida who bought an orange car and............... She was amazed when I told her not only do I know Richard that car was in my drive. I also got some leads on some potential new finds.......
Sarah took pics she will post.
This has been a big success, come to Ohio and you will see some PCS people you have not seen in a long time.

I'm back from Columbus! It was great getting to promote the hobby and the meet. Everyone really liked the display. I have pics and a video to post, but I'll hold off until tomorrow. I still need to load them onto the computer and I have to be up early, so I'll post them after work tomorrow.

Just how cool is that. I wonder who the lady was? Did you happen to get her name?

No, at the time we were kind of getting hammered. Dan, Sarah and I all three were on our toes the entire time, we actually could have used another person in there with all the interest we were getting.

Pictures!

As promised, here are some pictures from the convention. All of the cars drew a lot of attention. I even managed to add a new procar model to my collection. Who knew that hearse stress balls existed?

I heard from Danny and it sounds like he's recruiting more people at the show today. Some of them have some pretty interesting procars that they will be bringing to Hudson - including an 1895 Riddle Coach horsedrawn hearse and a Harley Davidson motorcycle hearse.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 178
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 174
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 176
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 179
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 177
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 175
I made a short video showing our display in Columbus too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY229gMInjY[/ame]

I told you all someone more talented than me would post some pictures. The Poncho looks so good I would love to frame that one. Sarah can you email me that shot?
Today I was at a lunch meeting on a EMS Advisory board I sit on and there is another member of that board that has a vintage ambulance we have never seen before. This board member has booked three rooms. This is going to be an awesome meet like we have never seen before.

Back