Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > General Discussion Forum

Notices

General Discussion Forum For the general discussion of Professional Cars.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:40 AM
Website Member

Thanked 8,000 Times in 1,880 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default How to track coaches down?

Mainly people are intrigued. Frequently nothing beats searching in the field. Not always the case though. After all, tips have to come from somewhere to begin with, right?

Many have seen this pic, taken 15-20 years ago.

Although the resolution is horrible, I reworked/enhanced until barely being legible. Searched online, found the desired info, made a few calls, contacted the gentleman who owned it at the time the picture was taken (almost 2 years ago). The Superior had been sold about 10 years ago. No further information recalled. Bummer.

Then tonight I stumbled across this shot taken in 2003.

How many banana yellow '55 Superior Coupe de Fleurs remaining can there be..? My bet - same coach. Although no info accompanied the 'new' photo, I figured out which local car show it was at: 1000 miles away from the selling location 10-12 years ago. New area at any rate to keep searching for clues... Now what state license plate does that look like?
The Following User Says Thank You to Attila Bethlenfalvy For This Useful Post:
Mike McDonald (03-23-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 01:42 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,506 Times in 6,144 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

that's the way to do it all it takes is a good memory and keeping a few things
following up on a lead or two and the reputation for being able to do it. that leads to a number of people calling you with tide bits on this and that one they have seen. the president of the North-land chapter not to give the man any credit is one of those people. as is your site creator. but to brag about them only swells there head. you, Attila have gone the extra mile or two just to see. Tony is the only other person I have been with that can run you into the ground looking at cars. there is never enough time when you spend a month with him one weekend.
Kent Martinson (03-23-2011)

Tags
1955, coupe, fleur, flowercar, superior