Are there any Chrysler Briareans in the PCS?

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I was reading an old TPC, featuring Briareans and Chrysler Professionals and I became curious. Do we have any in the PCS? Are there any pictures? I would like to know more about them, thanks!

If I remember correctly, Dave Lisiecki had one. I don't know how far he got with the restoration.

Edit to add: Dave had a 1960 Chrysler Windsor Richard Bros. Briarean

Last edited:
Pics

I think this was in So Cal and pics came from Ebay?

Attachments

• 2a1b_3.jpg
    2a1b_3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 468
  • 2c09_3.jpg
    2c09_3.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 470
  • 9d92_3.jpg
    9d92_3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 467
  • a098_3.jpg
    a098_3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 474
  • a16a_3.jpg
    a16a_3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 469
  • a47b_3.jpg
    a47b_3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 452
Pics

Last few Pics

Attachments

• 2b1d_3.jpg
    2b1d_3.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 440
  • 2620_3.jpg
    2620_3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 439
  • 2f11_3.jpg
    2f11_3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 436
  • 30c9_3.jpg
    30c9_3.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 432
  • a3af_3.jpg
    a3af_3.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 424
  • 9f18_3.jpg
    9f18_3.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 437
When I last talked with Dave, he hadn't done anything with the car except to keep putting some diesel into the cylinders with the hope that the frozen engine would break loose. He has owned this car for a very long time, and hopes to someday get it running and restore the car. Right now, you might say that it is in hibernation. Other than Dave's and the one pictured, I only know of one other survivor. The one that was for sale at Hershey a few years ago. I lost track of that owner...

Here are a couple (bad) shots I took for Dave when he was thinking of buying his Chrysler many years ago when it was located in Des Moines, Iowa. It was packed in the corner and very hard to get a good shot of.

1960 Richard Bros Chrysler.jpg

1960 Richard Bros Chrysler 2.jpg

I am sorry to hear that Dave is no longer a PCS member. But, I sure hope he gets this one restored. An ambitious resto, but worthwhile, in my opinion.

In person!

I think this was in So Cal and pics came from Ebay?

I've seen this one in person at a So-Cal ATHS Event and it's ever bit as nice close-up! The elderly owner was driven in by his Grandaughter and Grandson in the back came driving it and it immediately stole the show! I tried to trade a VERY NICE Restored CROWN Firecoach Engine for it that day and he wasn't going for it! According to him (as I recall now) it came from a small town Volunteer Fire Department in South or North Dakota and was purhased brand new with Civil Defense Funds. The only thing out of place on it was the era in-correct revolving light. It once had a roof mounted type spotlight mount at the left upper part of the windshield at the roof line. It was his understanding that was used a Chief's Car primarily and as a back-up ambulance. It has to be the nicest surviving one in existence .... bar none! MM

as they only made them 3 years finding one would be something I only have this one pictures and don't even know of were it is.

Attachments

• 1961 richard bros hearse.jpg
    1961 richard bros hearse.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 219
I've seen this one in person at a So-Cal ATHS Event and it's ever bit as nice close-up! The elderly owner was driven in by his Grandaughter and Grandson in the back came driving it and it immediately stole the show! I tried to trade a VERY NICE Restored CROWN Firecoach Engine for it that day and he wasn't going for it! According to him (as I recall now) it came from a small town Volunteer Fire Department in South or North Dakota and was purhased brand new with Civil Defense Funds. The only thing out of place on it was the era in-correct revolving light. It once had a roof mounted type spotlight mount at the left upper part of the windshield at the roof line. It was his understanding that was used a Chief's Car primarily and as a back-up ambulance. It has to be the nicest surviving one in existence .... bar none! MM

Mike, I know I saw this car before, but I don't know where. Quite possibly it was on ebay. Perhaps it was posted on one of the message boards. She sure is a looker!

Another one that showed up at Hershey a few years ago for sale. Not sure who the owner was, new owner is, or who took the pics. Whoever ended up with it though, I would think knows about the PCS or is a member.

Attachments

• HERSHEY1006155-vi.jpg
    HERSHEY1006155-vi.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 238
  • HERSHEY1006156-vi.jpg
    HERSHEY1006156-vi.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 202
  • HERSHEY1006157-vi.jpg
    HERSHEY1006157-vi.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 207
Hershey 2006

The photos of the Black Chrysler were taken at Hershey in 2006 - I photographed the same car.

I also photographed the information sheet taped to the window....

$8500

Attachments

• 06_Hershey (1).jpg
    06_Hershey (1).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 158
You would be hard pressed to bring any car to that level for the asking price. Today, it can cost upwards of $5000 just to put a paint job on a car, unless you are headed over to Maaco.

Back