Sad Pro-Cars

The Ugliest Lincoln Limo Ever Built

Spotted this one this past week while in Miami, OK. I love '78 and '79 Lincolns, but this is one butt ugly limo! I would call it the definition of "fugly"!

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,295
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,076
Spotted this one this past week while in Miami, OK. I love '78 and '79 Lincolns, but this is one butt ugly limo! I would call it the definition of "fugly"!

As an owner of 1975-1979 Lincolns, it is a '77 model. Yes, it is rather unattractive, but the raised roof makes me wonder if it wasn't intended to be a limo, but rather was intended to be a wheelchair accessible sedan.

Come to think of it, that would actually go along rather well with one of my hearses. Was it for sale? Do you have any information about it? Have a photo of the rear?

Attachments

• Lincoln02.jpg
    Lincoln02.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,176
Had to be the same company. It is for sale and was sitting on a "well used" car lot. Didn't get any info as I never dreamt that anyone would be interested.

These were built by the Silcco Corporation of Miami, Florida. Rather unique raised roof limousines and hearses on Lincoln Town Car chassis. I have the sales literature for 1977 thru 1979.

These were built by the Silcco Corporation of Miami, Florida. Rather unique raised roof limousines and hearses on Lincoln Town Car chassis. I have the sales literature for 1977 thru 1979.

Ken, is there any chance of scanning and posting a couple samples of your Silcco literature?

Incidentally, I know the history of my hearse, and its not a Silcco. Its a one-off homebuilt job that came out of someone's garage in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I'm just amazed at the similarity between it and what is now presumed to be the Silcco limo that Kurt saw.

Your interesting hearse is a neat match for the Silcco "LeGrande Royal limousine. You need to buy it for a mate, I will try to scan for you...

I will be back in the Miami, OK area in the next few weeks and I can get contact info at that time if you are interested.

That car was owned by the Paul Thomas Funeral Home in Picher, OK, which is now a ghost town due to polution from the mining operations there. It was sold at a liquidation auction about a year or 2 ago along with a 1969 Eldorado. I purchased a NICE 71 Superior endloader from the funeral home back in 2001.

Had to be the same company. It is for sale and was sitting on a "well used" car lot. Didn't get any info as I never dreamt that anyone would be interested.

How could you not think someone here would be interested? After years of owning the same old pro cars it is nice to see something unusual that no one would have. I know if I had the cash I would be on my way to get it.

That limo definitely put the "U" in ...........................................Unusual!! I never get bored with good design!

That limo definitely put the "U" in ...........................................Unusual!! I never get bored with good design!

I personally agree with you that it is one ugly car, but it is the "different" factor that appeals to me. The Lincoln hearse that I own is the same way. I still can't decide if I actually like it or not, but the uniqueness appealed strongly enough to me to buy it. Besides too, the way I look at it, ugly or not, obviously at least one survives, and that makes it worth preserving in my book.

I personally agree with you that it is one ugly car, but it is the "different" factor that appeals to me. The Lincoln hearse that I own is the same way. I still can't decide if I actually like it or not, but the uniqueness appealed strongly enough to me to buy it. Besides too, the way I look at it, ugly or not, obviously at least one survives, and that makes it worth preserving in my book.

I agree, those were my thoughts exactly.

photo.jpg

On her way to the scrap yard. I hated to cut it up but I guess it was worth it to fix the combo.

James

Hi All!

I'm guessing this is probably the proper place for these photos I took a few months ago. This 1970? Superior combo is in East Amherst, NY near one of my customers. The day I stopped and took these pictures I could not find anyone around the property to talk to about it. I stopped again today, the coach has now been moved back a car length or two and now has some crap piled on the hood. This time I did get to talk to someone, car belongs to a grandson who might fix it up, (not for sale) was told he towed it back from Florida (does have a Florida plate on back). Really does look solid and well worth restoring, I hope that will be how it ends up some day. may not be likely but you never know!!

Dana Bennett
Forestville, NY

576851_3900893199228_1488361233_n.jpg

488168_3900893559237_340553240_n.jpg

402889_3900893879245_227427243_n.jpg

Back