What are your favorite procar movies?

Sarah Snook

PCS Life Member
Just wondering what everyone's top three favorite procar related movies are. Don't name all the procar movies that you know, just your top three favorites. If you only have one or two favorites, that's ok too - list them anyway. This will help me with something that I'm planning for in the next year or so. All help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Here's mine!

"The Disorderly Orderly" w/ Jerry Lewis

"The Godfather" w/Marlon Brando

"Mother, Jugs and Speed" w/ Bill Cosby

Harold and Maude

Haven't seen many others.

Better rent Mother Jugs and Speed soon.
It's always playing at the Micro meet but never spent the time to watch it.

Working on an event for a PCS meet over a year away when on holidays at your Island is called MAJOR DEDICATION !!! Way to go Sarah.
That certainly speaks volumes for your love of hearses and PCS.

See you in Albany !
Darren

I think if you're looking to entertain procar fanatics with a movie "Mother, Jugs and Speed" is the way to go. I can't really think of another movie that features pro cars more prominently and frequently, both in number and in screen time. Alter all, it's a movie about an ambulance company. Plus it has an ambulance making a bootleg turn on three wheels.

There might be more pro cars in The Godfather, but it is for a relatively short time compared to the rest of the movie.

And there's always Ghostbusters. :hide:

All the above mentioned are favorates of mine but a couple more movies to note are What's Love Got To Do With It and Forrest Gump. Both movies feature pro-cars through out the movies.

All the above mentioned are favorates of mine but a couple more movies to note are What's Love Got To Do With It and Forrest Gump. Both movies feature pro-cars through out the movies.

Jeremy, you aren't following directions either. ;) Liking all of them isn't an answer. I need your top three favorites. Once everyone responds, I'm going to calculate the answers to figure out the top couple of favorites for a top secret project that I'm working on.

This is a 1957 Miller-Meteor Futura ambulance running Code-3 in the 1958 movie "The Long Hot Summer". Orson Wells is being transported home in the ambulance, and there are a number of shots of the car. You really get a very good look at it, both inside and out. The film is very good, and has a cast of great actors including Paul Newman and Joann Woodward.

1. "Mother, Jugs & Speed"
  2. "Ghostbusters" (yeah, I know, I know)
  3. "We Are Marshall" ;)
If I had a fourth choice, it would be "The Lovely Bones", which has a scene with two of my ambulances in it. Also "Avalon" from the '80s, which has our '47 Flxible Buick. "Disorderly Orderly" is a good choice and fun to watch.

I may be biased toward ambulances.

By the way, "Diamonds are Forever" is an interesting choice. Of course, they ride around a few minutes in a hearse. But did you see the ambulance in it? There's a Suburban ambulance, very briefly in one scene. After they drive off from the gas station, they pass the scene of a wreck with an ambulance and a police car. It holds no significance in the story, and I'm not sure why it's there. Perhaps it was a real wreck where they were filming, and they just left it in??? Interestingly, except for the Cadillac hearse and the Chevy ambulance, ALL other vehicles in the US scenes in that movie are Fords.

1. Godfather (Lasalle ambulance & the funeral procession flowercars)

2. Disorderly Orderly

3. Curious Case of Benjamine Buttons (Sorry, there is a 1949 Chevy
Barnette hearse in it & I never see them elsewhere)

Sure don't make them like they used to

1. The Ambulance

2. The Phantasm Series

3. Grand Theft Parsons

I have yet to see "Mother Jugs and Speed" start to finish, but I'm sure once I do it will run a Close 2nd

Back